The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: email@example.com- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- Ski Club partner with the Foreign Office on their #SkiSafe campaign
- Foreign Office partner with Ski Club of GB to urge winter sports enthusiasts to #SkiSafe this season
- Cool town, winter in the city
- Innsbruck, the capital of the Austrian Tirol province, is dressed so fine and looking so pretty during the holiday season
- Top 5 Off Piste Ski Resorts
- If all the fresh November snow has got you itching to tackle the off piste this season, then look no further than this guide to our top 5 resorts for powder: