The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: email@example.com- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- The Completely Unofficial Guide to Getting Off Piste in: Europe
- Results based on an unofficial survey of Ski Club staff, ex seasonnaires and die hard fanatics.
- Travel Quiz: The Ultimate Swiss Bucket List
- From skiing in Saas Fee to Bavarian Curling in Gstaad; there's a wealth of world-class activities on offer in Switzerland that are a must for your travel bucket list. Here are the top picks from Swiss...
- Are you ready for a Monster Ski challenge?
- The MS Trust's Everest-a-day Monster Ski challenge will be taking place in Chamonix and Courmayeur next March to raise funds to help people with multiple sclerosis.