The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: firstname.lastname@example.org- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- NZ Summer Series Part 4: North Island Ski Itinerary
- Our final itinerary takes in three very different ski areas on the iconic Mt Ruapehu - and as Ocean Belcher down in NZ tells us, skiing on a volcano makes for a very special trip!
- NZ Summer Series Part 5: Club Fields
- As our Kiwi expert Ocean Belcher explains, these smaller club fields embrace what skiing used to be like - before hectic lifestyles and commercial interests took over!
- Spotlight on: Mt Ruapehu
- The largest vertical drop and the most lifts in New Zealand await at the spectucular resorts on the Mt Ruapehu Volcano - Whakapapa and Turoa.