The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: email@example.com- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- Snowsports stars turn out as Snow-camp launches national campaign
- Snow-camp launched its 5NOW campaign to raise funds to expand Snow-Camp's accredited journey of programmes across 5 UK cities
- Two feet up, two wheels down
- On a recent trip to the Val Gardena, Italy, Rob Crabtree discovers what the South Tyrol can offer those looking for a bit of relaxation with lashings of downhill adrenaline.
- Whistler Blackcomb moves to combat climate change
- In recent years several resorts have already implemented creative solutions to ward off the advance of climate change.