The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: firstname.lastname@example.org- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- Ski it your way - in Norway!
- Come and see what you've been missing, where skiing is a way of life
- Ski party in Victorian vaults
- The team behind the Freeze festival are kicking off the season with a party in the hidden vaults beneath London. Come along for the premiere of Teton's Almost Ablaze, and a night of DJs
- A little fresh snow over Val Thorens
- The webcam at the top of the Alps is sending back a nice sight...
- Snowcast Extra: Working a winter season
- Thinking of working a winter season? The experts from the Natives.co.uk winter workshop give budding seasonnaires their top tips on preparing for a season in the mountains.
- Interview with Joe Simpson part 3
- Filmed at the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival, Gordon Stainforth interviews Joe Simpson mountaineer and subject of film "Touching the Void". In this third excerpt Joe talks about the thin line...
- Booking and Choosing a Resort
- Booking a holiday can feel daunting but looking through the resorts and choosing is all part of the fun. Here are some useful tips from the Skiing Skills experts.