The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: firstname.lastname@example.org- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- Christmas gifts to inspire adventures
- Make use of Ski Club membership for your Christmas shopping, encourage adventurous thoughts, and give everyone a warm feeling inside... and outside.
- Add your ski mileage and help Ski 2 the Moon
- In a creative new charity challenge, skiers and snowboarders are invited to track their on-snow mileage to see if collectively we can ski the number of miles it is to the moon.
- Where now for the Winter Olympics?
- Why have all but two of the potential candidates for the 2022 Winter Olympics pulled out? Is this the beginning of a new era in which the only countries willing to stage the games are autocratic...
- Snowcast Extra: Working a winter season
- Thinking of working a winter season? The experts from the Natives.co.uk winter workshop give budding seasonnaires their top tips on preparing for a season in the mountains.
- Interview with Joe Simpson part 3
- Filmed at the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival, Gordon Stainforth interviews Joe Simpson mountaineer and subject of film "Touching the Void". In this third excerpt Joe talks about the thin line...
- Booking and Choosing a Resort
- Booking a holiday can feel daunting but looking through the resorts and choosing is all part of the fun. Here are some useful tips from the Skiing Skills experts.