The Black Weekend Festival
- Start date:07 March 2013
- End date:10 March 2013
The Black Weekend is a weekend full of contrasts, late dark nights and long white mornings. A true cultural event, which gathers the core of skiing, contemporary visual artists and players of the emerging musical scene. It consists of 5 White Days and 4 Black Nights held in Chamonix, the international capital of mountaineering and skiing.
Beyond a traditional festival, the Black Weekend is a mind opening cultural experience with a focus on winter sports, namely skiing. It's an exotic blend of international people bringing with them different styles of winter sports, image and music.
The Black Weekend relies on the identity of the free skiing Black Crows, which symbolizes the convergence of two worlds: Free ski life with the mountains energy and urban cultures.
This event intends to restore the nature of real snow sports: the pleasure of sharing days and nights, around free skiing, cultural events and party sounds.
- Want to know more:- email: email@example.com- website: blackweekend.com
related ski news
- Snowsports Scotland's 1st FIS race in Austria proves a huge hit
- Snowsport Scotland's decision to host its first FIS race in Reiteralm, Austria has been declared a huge success by racers and trainers alike.
- British Schoolgirls Races 2016
- The second and final day of the British Schoolgirls races saw the Slalom race taking place on the Celiste piste before the evening Awards Ceremony. Over two fantastic days of racing, the sun was...
- The Welsh Alpine Ski Championships 2016
- This annual race event, organised by Snowsport Wales took place from 19th-22nd of January in the beautiful and traditional resort of Champery, Switzerland where it has been held for the past 10 years.