Crystal Ski Fest 2013
- Start date:16 March 2013
- End date:23 March 2013
- Where:La Plagne
Ever wanted to compete against one of the greatest Olympian's ever? Five times gold medallist Sir Steve Redgrave will be joining Britain's greatest slalom skier, Alain Baxter, at this season's Crystal Ski Fest 2013 held from 16-23 March.
Fresh from Britain's string of rowing medal victories at the Olympics Sir Steve will host ‘An evening with’ event to talk about the London Olympics and next projects on the horizon. But the ever competitive sportsman, together with fellow rowing Olympic medallist Ben Hunt-Davis, will be staying for the whole week's events that include ski training, racing and fun activities.
Slalom champion Baxter, will be joining the Crystal Ski Fest 2013 and will advise and teach not just how to ski gates, but how to ski gates fast.
This annual middle-of-season jamboree brings together the British Association of Snowsport Instructors BASI, Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK), Salomon ski team with next winter’s new equipment, British Ski Academy, members of Crystal’s expert team of reps and more than 100 guests for a week of ski training, racing and fun activities.
This year’s event will be held in the high altitude resort of La Plagne, part of the Paradiski area in France with over 425km of groomed runs. The ski area offers extensive and varied pistes, excellent off-piste, guaranteed snow, tree-lined runs and skiing above-the-clouds. The accommodation and most of the après-ski events will be in the four-star Hotel Terra Nova with ski to and from the door location, panoramic restaurant with view of the surrounding mountains, cosy bar and lounge, free Wi-Fi, sauna and fitness room. It is also an excellent family hotel with a crèche and kids club as well as high quality, friendly service.
- Who for:
Ski Fest is perfect for you if you're a strong intermediate skier. Gain new skills push your ski boundaries and have a lot of fun learning how to race with like minded people.
- How much:
The price of £995 offers an extraordinary value and includes flights from Gatwick (regional departures from all other major airports available at a supplement), transfers, 7 nights half board accommodation local lift pass, ski and boot hire or carriage, four days of ski tuition and race training, video feedback, fun races and special evening events.
- Want to know more:- phone: 0871 231 5643- website: crystalski.co.uk/ski-events/ski-challenge
related ski news
- Snowsports Scotland's 1st FIS race in Austria proves a huge hit
- Snowsport Scotland's decision to host its first FIS race in Reiteralm, Austria has been declared a huge success by racers and trainers alike.
- British Schoolgirls Races 2016
- The second and final day of the British Schoolgirls races saw the Slalom race taking place on the Celiste piste before the evening Awards Ceremony. Over two fantastic days of racing, the sun was...
- Operation Secret Sölden
- The renowned Tirolean party town - and recent Bond haunt - also has a quieter side, as Chris Taine finds out