Ski Club Dual Slalom
- Date:06 April 2011
- Where:Tignes, France
The Ski Club Dual Slalom was launched in Tignes in April 2010 and proved a big hit with 21 teams entering. The head-to-head competition provided some fantastic racing and there was also lots of fancy dress action and an after party thrown in for good measure!
Taking place in Val Claret, by the Tichot lift, the 2011 Ski Club Dual Slalom, in conjunction with Evolution 2, will follow the same format as the inaugral event with teams of four racing one-by-one down the parallel Slalom course in a series of knock-out rounds.
On race day, team registration will take place from 9.30am until 10.30am before the racing between 10.45am and 2pm. Refreshments will be on offer to keep everyone going before teams can relax at the prize giving in the Evolution 2 retaurant, Le Coffee, from 3.30pm.
To see more from the 2010 race visit the event photo gallery or watch a special race report on Ski Club TV. You can also enter our online competition for the chance to win a holiday to Tignes and enter the 2011 race with ski legend Graham Bell!
The Ski Club would like to thank the event sponsors and Evolution 2 and Land Rover.
- Who for:
Anyone can enter the race in Tignes – you’ll always find a mix of those who are out to win, those who are in it for the taking part, and those who want to show off their latest fancy dress creation! If you don't have a team to enter, or are missing a team member or two, then don't worry – we can help you organise a full team on race day.
To sign up for this year’s event go along to the Ski Club Leader’s social hour at the Alpaka Lodge from 3-5 April. Anyone coming over on the day of the race from Val d'Isère can sign up at the Alexandra Bar with the Ski Club Leader in Val d'Isère during the Leader's social hour.
- How much:
Entry costs €20 per team (€5 per person) for Ski Club members and seasonnaires and €30 per team (€7.50 per person) otherwise.
- Want to know more:- facebook: www.facebook.com/TheSkiClub- twitter: twitter.com/TheSkiClub
related ski news
- Choosing the Right Ski Resort for Your Family
- There's nothing better than being able to take your family on a skiing holiday, but picking the perfect resort can often be difficult. The French Alps is home to dozens of resorts, all with their own...
- Best French resorts for skiing with the kids
- After decades of research, ski-mum Anne Bridges tells us her top three French resorts for skiing with the kids.
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
- Snowcast Extra: Events in the mountains
- Taking part in an event in the mountains can offer something extra on your holiday. See the Ski Club's very own Emma Pearson take part in the Ski Club of Great Britain slalom race in Meribel,...
- International Snow Sculpture Championships in Breckenridge
- Ski Club rep Dan Habershon-Butcher takes time out of his programme to report on the 20th annual Snow Sculpture Championships in Breckenridge, USA.
- Luttman-Johnson Challenge 2010
- For over thirty years, the Luttman-Johnson restaurant race has seen Ski Club members, resort workers and reps alike, taking up the challenge of visiting as many of Zermatt's restaurants for as long as...