The Big Spring Clean 2012
- Date:16 June 2012
- Where:CairnGorm, Nevis Range and Glenshee ski resorts in Scotland
The fifth annual Big Spring Clean returns to Scotland on Saturday 16 June and will this year be tackling the damaging litter left on the slopes by mountains users at CairnGorm Mountain, the Nevis Range and also Glenshee.
New for this year!
Glenshee - Mountainbiking with Scott Sports: The Ski Club is teaming up with Scott Sports to host a mountain bike demo day. This includes a range of bikes of mixed sizes for you to try out on the mountain trails. The event is free of charge for all Big Spring Clean volunteers.
Nevis Range - Mountainbiking with Alpine Bikes: Mountain bikes are available to hire for half price to all Big Spring Clean volunteers. The mountain bike voucher will be valid at the Alpine Bikes hire centre at Nevis Range and also at other Alpine Bikes stores, to be redeemed within 4 weeks of the Spring Clean.
Cairngorm - Guided walk: Those early to the event will have the chance to litter pick as part of a guided walk downhill from the top station. This will involve taking the funicular up and walking down as a group under the supervision of a Cairngorm Walks Guide. There’ll be the opportunity to litter pick on your way down the mountain as well as enjoying some interesting insight about the mountain, its wildlife, geology and weather from the guide.
If you’re interested in these activities, please email email@example.com so we can keep an eye on numbers.
To find out more about the Big Spring Clean take a look at the Big Spring Clean video report on Ski Club TV.
Join us for what we hope is the biggest Spring Clean yet!
- Who for:
For those wanting to volunteer for a good cause and preserve the environment
- How much:
Free of charge
- Want to know more:- facebook: Ski Club of Great Britain- twitter: TheSkiClub
related ski news
- Adventure Film Festival coming up
- The 10th annual Adventure Film Festival is about to start, touring around the cinemas of the UK. What better way to wake yourself up after Christmas, and kick start some adventurous New Years'...
- Best French resorts for skiing with the kids
- After decades of research, ski-mum Anne Bridges tells us her top three French resorts for skiing with the kids.
- Things are looking up
- Winter has finally returned to the Alps last week, the mountains are looking whiter and lots of resorts are set to open this weekend. Meanwhile in the Pyrenees, on the east coast of the USA and even...
- Environmental Feature
- There have been many concerns in the media this season about the effect of global warming on the mountain environment. The Ski Club's Betony Garner and Adelboden Tourist Director Roland Huber talk...
- Eco-Transport with Billy and Willy
- Billy and Willy show how much you can do for the environment by taking the greenest route to the mountains. From the french environmental organisation Mountain Riders.
- Saving Water with Billy and Willy
- Billy and Willy are back to help you save and protect the water supply when you are staying in the mountains. From the french environmental group Mountain Riders.