The Big Spring Clean 2012
- Date:16 June 2012
- Where:CairnGorm, Nevis Range and Glenshee ski resorts in Scotland
The fifth annual Big Spring Clean returns to Scotland on Saturday 16 June and will this year be tackling the damaging litter left on the slopes by mountains users at CairnGorm Mountain, the Nevis Range and also Glenshee.
New for this year!
Glenshee - Mountainbiking with Scott Sports: The Ski Club is teaming up with Scott Sports to host a mountain bike demo day. This includes a range of bikes of mixed sizes for you to try out on the mountain trails. The event is free of charge for all Big Spring Clean volunteers.
Nevis Range - Mountainbiking with Alpine Bikes: Mountain bikes are available to hire for half price to all Big Spring Clean volunteers. The mountain bike voucher will be valid at the Alpine Bikes hire centre at Nevis Range and also at other Alpine Bikes stores, to be redeemed within 4 weeks of the Spring Clean.
Cairngorm - Guided walk: Those early to the event will have the chance to litter pick as part of a guided walk downhill from the top station. This will involve taking the funicular up and walking down as a group under the supervision of a Cairngorm Walks Guide. There’ll be the opportunity to litter pick on your way down the mountain as well as enjoying some interesting insight about the mountain, its wildlife, geology and weather from the guide.
If you’re interested in these activities, please email email@example.com so we can keep an eye on numbers.
To find out more about the Big Spring Clean take a look at the Big Spring Clean video report on Ski Club TV.
Join us for what we hope is the biggest Spring Clean yet!
- Who for:
For those wanting to volunteer for a good cause and preserve the environment
- How much:
Free of charge
- Want to know more:- facebook: Ski Club of Great Britain- twitter: TheSkiClub
related ski news
- Squeeze a ski weekend in late this season with Ski Club Freshtracks
- Four-day weekend? Sounds like the perfect excuse for a cheeky ski weekender. The Freshtracks team give you the inside scoop.
- Just over two weeks until the British Alpine Championships kick off in Tignes!
- Not long now until the Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships in Tignes. The best British racers descend on the high alpine resort for a week of racing at the highest level.
- Ski Club partner with the Foreign Office on their #SkiSafe campaign
- Foreign Office partner with Ski Club of GB to urge winter sports enthusiasts to #SkiSafe this season