Avalanche transceiver hire scheme
Avalanche transceivers can be hired from the Ski Club at the following prices:
The Ski Club runs a hire scheme for avalanche transceivers. The transceivers can be hired at the following prices:
- Members: £15 a week (Wednesday to Wednesday)
- Non-members: £30 a week (Wednesday to Wednesday)
There will also be a £7 charge for post and packaging and £120 returnable deposit for each transceiver.
If you would like to hire a transceiver please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details;
- Ski Club membership number (if applicable)
- Number of transceivers you would like
- Preferred model (if you have a preference - the models available are listed below)
- Dates you will require the hire for
- Postal address (a signature is required on delivery)
- Contact telephone number for payment details
Once we recieve the email, we can confirm availability for the dates you have requested. We will not request payment details via email, so a contact telephone number is essential please.
We have recently added to the transceiver hire stock to include more three antennae models.
We have the following models of transceiver available for hire (subject to availability);
- DTS Tracker
- Tracker 2
- Opto 3000
- Pieps DSP Tour
If you have any questions about these, or any transceivers please call the Information Department on 0208 410 2009.
Transceivers are vital if you are venturing off-piste, but they are only one part of the 'essential three'. You also need to carry a shovel and probe with you.
featured articles from this category
- Off piste preparation
- Before you head off piste, as well as getting kitted out, you need to consider some other factors:
- Staying safe
- Heading to the snow park makes for a great day on the mountains but it’s important to stay safe in the freestyle environment.