- Two fantastic events coming to London this autumn
- Our friends at Holmlands Events are putting on two fantastic events this autumn and are offering all Ski Club Members a 10% discount off tickets booked online!
- Meet the man who designs ski resorts
- No fewer than 370 ski areas have been developed with the help of Ecosign, the company founded by Paul Mathews, the architect of Sochi. Ben Clatworthy spoke to the Canadian to find out how to create a good ski resort - from scratch if needs be.
- Dancing on Ice in the Portes du Soleil
- When two great entities combine, often the results are calamitous... think chips and gravy. And I was quick to put music festivals and ski holidays into the same category, says Ben Clatworthy. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Winter camping - how, and more importantly, why?
- Just because the temperature drops, that's no need to hibernate. The great outdoors is waiting for you, albeit possibly under a layer of snow - Hannah Engelkamp tries to work up the courage to go camping in winter
- Women and Skiing
- Ever since skiing became a fun thing to do, women have been advised that it's not really for them. From the fear that they'd neglect their Victorian family duties, to the likelihood that they'll get involved with politics or, that their uteruses might well just fall right out on the slopes, the history of women on skis has been one long battle.
- Back to skool in St Foy
- Our guest writer Alf Alderson hops on his mountain bike to explore one of the Tarentaise's lesser-known mountain resorts.
- Laax aiming to become the world's first self-sufficient resort
- The Swiss resort of Laax is well on the way to becoming the world's greenest ski resort through their Greenstyle initiative. New lifts are powered by solar energy, heat and rubbish are recycled and...
- Where the road ends... Kaunertal is just getting started
- Kaunertal glacier lies deep in the heart of the Eastern Alps, straddling the border between Austria and Italy, and far from the maddening crowds
- Cliff top thrills in Switzerland
- Although winter is coming to a close, it doesn't mean your adrenaline hits have to disappear with the snow. Get up close and personal with the alpine summits of Switzerland through their cliff top...