- Meet the man who designs ski resorts
- No fewer than 370 ski areas have been developed with the help of Ecosign, the company founded by Paul Mathews, the architect of Sochi. Ben Clatworthy spoke to the Canadian to find out how to create a good ski resort - from scratch if needs be.
- Dancing on Ice in the Portes du Soleil
- When two great entities combine, often the results are calamitous... think chips and gravy. And I was quick to put music festivals and ski holidays into the same category, says Ben Clatworthy. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Winter camping - how, and more importantly, why?
- Just because the temperature drops, that's no need to hibernate. The great outdoors is waiting for you, albeit possibly under a layer of snow - Hannah Engelkamp tries to work up the courage to go camping in winter
- Women and Skiing
- Ever since skiing became a fun thing to do, women have been advised that it's not really for them. From the fear that they'd neglect their Victorian family duties, to the likelihood that they'll get involved with politics or, that their uteruses might well just fall right out on the slopes, the history of women on skis has been one long battle.
Ski Club news
- Job Vacancy: Events Executive
- Ski Club GB has an exciting opportunity available for a dynamic, personable and professional individual to join the Ski Club Events team.
- Job Vacancy: Member Services Assistant
- The Ski Club has two opportunities available for dynamic, personable and professional individuals to join the Ski Club Member Services Department based in our office in Wimbledon Village.
- Chalet Couples/Duos required for Ski Club chalets in Flaine and Chamonix
- Ski Club Freshtracks are looking for two experienced teams of two (couples or friends) to run our chalets in the French Alps.
- The summer skiing season is upon us!
- Although the Wimbledon tennis buzz has died down around the Ski Club's offices, our attention is still firmly fixed on all things snowy.