Racing and riding news
- Christmas World Cup Skiing Action
- The FIS Ski World Cup season is at the half-way point and the World Championships are less than a month away. Competition is fierce and despite the lack of snow in Europe some fantastic races were held over the festive period.
- Alpine ski racing returns for another action-packed season
- The World Cup alpine ski season is upon us, and already there are bizarre injuries, surprise wins and challenging weather. Read on for a round-up of the action so far...
- Manchester snow is ploughed into bumps for the first ever European Indoor Moguls champs!
- Ski history was made in Britain this weekend as the Chill Factore, Manchester's indoor snow slope, hosted the first ever FIS European Indoor Moguls Championships
- Snowsport England launch new Alpine Athlete Bursary scheme
- Bursary scheme will support alpine athletes currently following the Snowsport England Athlete Pathway.
- The BRITS - Nurturing British Freestyle
- Earlier this month the BRITS landed in Tignes once again for its 2014 edition
- Aerial snowboard style starts with grabs. They also help you keep control from take off to landing.
- Learning a New Trick
- This clip shows how to approach learning a new freestyle snowboard trick. From the Boarding Skool Two DVD.
- Snowboard Trick Glossary
- Snowboard trick terminology can seem like a whole different language. This clip explains the difference between a shifty and a method grab, and everything in between!
- The Snowpark
- An introduction to the daunting snowpark and a guide to what you might expect to find there.
- DIY Ski Holidays - Savvy Ways to Save Money
- While skiing was once considered a sport for the elite, nowadays snowsports holidays don't have to break the bank. By booking independently and being flexible with your timing, you can have a more...
- Ten things you didn't know about Norway, the land of the ski
- Norway is, as you might expect, the 'way to the north'' - a long, skinny country that stretches across 15 lines of latitude. Almost a third of the country lies above the Arctic Circle, and so,...
- 6 Slopes for Valentines Snow
- Whether you're a lover or a hater, it's that time of year again - Valentine's Day. And thanks to Hollywood blockbusters and numerous Christmas movies, the idea of a fleeting romance on wintery slopes...
- The 15 Best Places to Get Some Snow in the UK
- Can't steal time away from the desk this winter? Or struggling to pull together the pennies for a trip to the Alps? Well fear not - because great skiing can be found in Scotland and the North of...