Snow and weather news
- Avalanches continue to claim lives - extreme caution advised
- Heavy snow has finally begun to fall again in the Alps, especially in northern France and western Switzerland. With this heavy snow come an increased avalanche risk, so extreme caution is advised.
- Heavy snowfall set to continue across Europe!
- It looks like the long wait is over and the Alps are finally returning to a Winter Wonderland. It has been a long and frustrating wait, especially for those holidaying in the Alps over the Christmas Holidays, but the heavy snowfall forecast over the next few days may turn around the fortune of ski resorts across Europe.
- The Southern Hemisphere season is on!
- Although summer may have finally arrived in the UK, things are looking very different in the Southern Hemisphere as the ski season has really begun to kick off.
- Caution advised this half-term if going off-piste
- The depth of the snowpack across the Alps is now back to average in time for the half term holidays, but sadly this has come at a price. Already 75 deaths from avalanches have been recorded in European mountains this winter; much higher than average.
- Things are looking up
- Winter has finally returned to the Alps last week, the mountains are looking whiter and lots of resorts are set to open this weekend. Meanwhile in the Pyrenees, on the east coast of the USA and even in bonnie Scotland it has been dumping.
- Dozens of resorts postpone opening, but don't panic!
- Warm temperatures and a lack of snow has caused many resorts to cancel their opening plans, but with the right sort of weather on the way we're reminded that some of the best seasons got off to a slow start...
- Snow in North America but much of Europe's has melted
- It's a hemisphere of two halves this week - North America gets all the snow while widespread warm weather in Europe has done away with a lot of last week's snowfall. But read on - the future's looking colder...
- Need some early snow therapy?
- It's snowing all over the northern hemisphere and resorts are opening daily - some of them ahead of schedule. If a British November feels a little stressful, look here and feel soothed...
- British Alpine National Champs, The BRITS and Freestyle Junior World Champs set to kick off
- The snowsports action continues, with three more major competitions starting this weekend the Delancey British National Alpine Championships, the BRITS and the Junior Freestyle World Championships....