The French Alps are quite literally littered with ski resorts; from the mega ski areas of Les 3 Vallees to more quintesential Savoie villages like St Gervais. But what if you're looking for kms of varied terrain with authentic chocolate box character... read more
Ski holidays have a reputation for being expensive, but this is not always deserved..... read more
- Snowfall across Europe promises great half-term skiing
- It has undoubtedly been a slow season so far for much of Europe, but how things have changed... The Pyrenees and the northern Alps have seen up to two metres of snow in the past ten days. This has transformed the skiing conditions, setting a great base in time for the half term holidays and also for the rest of the season.
- The 15 Best Places to Get Some Snow in the UK
- Can't steal time away from the desk this winter? Or struggling to pull together the pennies for a trip to the Alps? Well fear not - because great skiing can be found in Scotland and the North of England if you know where to look.
- Catching up with Katie Ormerod
- At the tender age of 16, Katie Ormerod became the first women ever to nail a double-cork 1080. Ever since she's been taking the snowboarding world by storm.
Since delivering my last departure speech to a...02 March 2015
What do you get if you cross a globe-trotting...26 February 2015
Austria’s Zillertal (Ziller Valley) is well...23 February 2015
- Choosing the Right Ski Resort for Your Family
- There's nothing better than being able to take your family on a skiing holiday, but picking the perfect resort can often be difficult. The French Alps is home to dozens of resorts, all with their own...
- Comprehensive insurance designed for skiers and snowboarders
- We've developed Insurance policies specifically designed to suit the needs of skiers and snowboarders. All of our policies include off piste insurance without a guide, and you can choose from...
RSSlatest ski news
- Ten things you didn't know about Norway, the land of the ski
- Norway is, as you might expect, the 'way to the north'' - a long, skinny country that stretches across 15 lines of latitude. Almost a third of the country lies above the Arctic Circle, and so,...
- Ambassadors - how they'll be really spoiling us
- Our team of Ambassadors are already in situ, looking forward to meeting Ski Club members as the season kicks off and we all start to get out into the snow. So we thought it was about time to let you...
- Austria's hidden gem: Kals-Matrei
- The resorts of Osttirol might not be the most well known in Austria, but they definitely shouldn't be overlooked
- IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships
- 28 February 2015 to 10 March 2015
- 7th edition of the IPC World Championships returns to Panorama for the 2nd time.
- Monoski World Cup
- 28 February 2015 to 07 March 2015
- Dust off your neon one-piece and be transported back to the 80s.
- Discovering People: Frank Gardner OBE
- 10 March 2015
- A thought-provoking evening with the Ski Club President.