Blog your way to Vancouver
Hostelling International Canada is inviting video bloggers from around the world to enter its ‘Blog the Games Video Contest’ in order to win a free trip to Vancouver.
Vancouver - host city for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games
With the countdown until the 2010 Olympics ticking on, Hostelling International Canada is searching for a video blogger to report from Vancouver for five days between 12-28 February.
To enter, aspiring bloggers need to submit a one-minute video explaining why they would be the best person for the job at www.hihostelspm.ca/blogthegames.
The winner of the contest, which runs until 21 November, will receive a return airfare from their home country to Vancouver, five nights accommodation in HI-Vancouver Central hostel, a digital camera and 500 Canadian dollars spending money.
As a reward for their blogging stint, which will include posting daily short video reports at www.backpackerbuzz.ca capturing all the excitement in the Olympics host city, the winner will then be sent on a five-day break in Banff including a return flight from Vancouver to Calgary, transfers, accommodation at the HI-Banff Alpine Centre and lift tickets.
Hostelling International has also recently launched a 180-bed hostel in Whistler which will serve as part of the athlete village during the games before opening officially next summer. The Ski Club will be sending back reports on all the action from Whistler so watch this space for more announcements!
- Salomon Freeski TV S6 E12 - Poor Man's Heli
- Antoine Boisselier has stared across at the Belledonne Mountains his whole life. He's always dreamed of laying ski tracks on their difficult-to-access slopes. Two years ago, he and a group of close...
- Freeride World Tour - Best of Xtreme Verbier 2013
- The best of the action from the 2013 Freeride World Tour finale in Verbier.
- Winter X Games Europe 2013 - Men's Ski Superpipe final
- Torin Yater-Wallace of the USA takes X Games gold in the superpipe
- Brits 2013 - Skiercross highlights
- The best of the action from the Trespass British Skiercross championships. Former alpine racer Ed Drake won for the men, while veteran Emily Sarsfield took top spot for the women