Blog your way to Vancouver
Hostelling International Canada is inviting video bloggers from around the world to enter its ‘Blog the Games Video Contest’ in order to win a free trip to Vancouver.
Vancouver - host city for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games
With the countdown until the 2010 Olympics ticking on, Hostelling International Canada is searching for a video blogger to report from Vancouver for five days between 12-28 February.
To enter, aspiring bloggers need to submit a one-minute video explaining why they would be the best person for the job at www.hihostelspm.ca/blogthegames.
The winner of the contest, which runs until 21 November, will receive a return airfare from their home country to Vancouver, five nights accommodation in HI-Vancouver Central hostel, a digital camera and 500 Canadian dollars spending money.
As a reward for their blogging stint, which will include posting daily short video reports at www.backpackerbuzz.ca capturing all the excitement in the Olympics host city, the winner will then be sent on a five-day break in Banff including a return flight from Vancouver to Calgary, transfers, accommodation at the HI-Banff Alpine Centre and lift tickets.
Hostelling International has also recently launched a 180-bed hostel in Whistler which will serve as part of the athlete village during the games before opening officially next summer. The Ski Club will be sending back reports on all the action from Whistler so watch this space for more announcements!
- Disability skiing feature
- Ski Club member Ben Clatworthy (www.benclatworthy.com) takes an in depth look at the world of disabled skiing and even has a go in a sit-ski to see what its really like. Ben talks to ESF adaptive ski...
- Save money with the Ski Club
- Being a Ski Club Member entitles you to a huge range of discounts. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned mountain lover, you can soon make your membership fee back with a few purchases,...
- Ski Club Beginner Membership
- If you're thinking about getting into snowsports for the first time, the Ski Club has the perfect membership tailored just for you.
- Snowcast Extra - Flaine resort guide
- Chris Taine visits the French resort nestled in the heart of the Grand Massif ski area. Not only is the resort home to Ski Club Leaders throughout the season, it also hosts all of our holidays to the...