Member Meet-ups - the perfect start to the season
The 2011 Ski Club Member Meet-ups have again proved to be among the highlights of the Ski Club event calendar. They're an ideal way to kick off your season and we hope to repeat them next year!
The Meet-ups could not have gone ahead without the support of our generous sponsor Les 3 Vallées, and the Warren Smith Ski Academy – Warren was at each of the real snow events to provide his skiing expertise and tuition for those attending, to give some handy tips in preparation for upcoming skiing holidays.
This year’s on-snow Member Meet-up formula allowed you not only to iron out any issues with your skiing, but also to meet other members from your area. The evenings started with discussion about areas members would like to address to help their skiing, with Warren and the team giving their feedback, and then some flexibility tests for everyone to demonstrate what each person needs to work on.
Then it was on to the snow for some tips on technique, and to put the good advice into practice. There was also an opportunity to test the latest skis, provided by Ellis Brigham, at the Tamworth Meet-up.
It looks like a number of members will be keeping in touch with each other following this season’s events, which is exactly the sort of community experience we’re trying to create. There were also a few attendees who are off to the Les 3 Vallées at the same time and might be meeting up there!
We also held a Member Meet-up at the London Ski & Snowboard Show in London, on the Friday night of the show. It was a chance for anyone visiting the show to enjoy a drink and some snacks with other members , courtesy of Les 3 Vallées, not to mention the buzzing atmosphere they created during the evening on their dancefloor.
For photos from the nights, visit the photo gallery on our Facebook page. We’ve had some really positive feedback on all four of the events:
“Excellent value for money”
“Can't wait for the next one!!”
¨“Great evening and tremendous value for money.”
“It would be difficult to know how you could improve on a talk from Warren plus a decent meal, free drink, two hour lift pass and on-slope tuition from Warren, all for £21.”
We’ll be aiming to run similar events next season, look out for them on the event calendar!
related ski news
- Two exciting announcements for UK snowsports
- Although the 2015/2016 season may be coming to an end, two new snowsports concepts have been launched this Spring. They are focussed on increasing participation and nurturing the talent right here in...
- Learn how to get the best shots with your GoPro this winter!
- Tom Ewbank, the Ski Club's video producer, talks us through a few hot tips that will make a BIG difference to your GoPro footage this winter.
- Katie Ormerod wins a Ski Club award
- The first woman to nail a double-cork 1080, at the tender age of just 16, has been chosen to receive a new award from the Ski Club. See her in action below, from tears to glory
- Get ski fit in the comfort of your own home
- The ski season is almost on the horizon, and after a long, hot, lazy summer the muscles might not be quite ready for it. Start now with a little bit every day, and you'll really feel the difference...