Member Meet-ups - the perfect start to the season
The 2011 Ski Club Member Meet-ups have again proved to be among the highlights of the Ski Club event calendar. They're an ideal way to kick off your season and we hope to repeat them next year!
The Meet-ups could not have gone ahead without the support of our generous sponsor Les 3 Vallées, and the Warren Smith Ski Academy – Warren was at each of the real snow events to provide his skiing expertise and tuition for those attending, to give some handy tips in preparation for upcoming skiing holidays.
This year’s on-snow Member Meet-up formula allowed you not only to iron out any issues with your skiing, but also to meet other members from your area. The evenings started with discussion about areas members would like to address to help their skiing, with Warren and the team giving their feedback, and then some flexibility tests for everyone to demonstrate what each person needs to work on.
Then it was on to the snow for some tips on technique, and to put the good advice into practice. There was also an opportunity to test the latest skis, provided by Ellis Brigham, at the Tamworth Meet-up.
It looks like a number of members will be keeping in touch with each other following this season’s events, which is exactly the sort of community experience we’re trying to create. There were also a few attendees who are off to the Les 3 Vallées at the same time and might be meeting up there!
We also held a Member Meet-up at the London Ski & Snowboard Show in London, on the Friday night of the show. It was a chance for anyone visiting the show to enjoy a drink and some snacks with other members , courtesy of Les 3 Vallées, not to mention the buzzing atmosphere they created during the evening on their dancefloor.
For photos from the nights, visit the photo gallery on our Facebook page. We’ve had some really positive feedback on all four of the events:
“Excellent value for money”
“Can't wait for the next one!!”
¨“Great evening and tremendous value for money.”
“It would be difficult to know how you could improve on a talk from Warren plus a decent meal, free drink, two hour lift pass and on-slope tuition from Warren, all for £21.”
We’ll be aiming to run similar events next season, look out for them on the event calendar!
- Snowcast Extra: indoor skiing
- Keep your eye in during the off-season with a trip to an indoor snow slope. The Snowcast's Abi Lee heads to the Chill Factore in Manchester to see what the snow's like.
- Snowcast Extra: Events in the mountains
- Taking part in an event in the mountains can offer something extra on your holiday. See the Ski Club's very own Emma Pearson take part in the Ski Club of Great Britain slalom race in Meribel,...
- The Snow Centre
- Juliette Dyke heads to the opening of the new Snow Centre at Hemel Hempstead on May 6th, bringing a report on everything from the snow conditions to the mountain restaurant.
- Snowcast Extra: get into UK freestyle
- Many top freestyle skiers and snowboarders learned their skills on a dry or indoor snow slope in the UK. There are over 100 local artificial slopes across the country where you can give it a try,...
related ski news
- World first in Manchester as the FIS European Indoor Moguls Championships comes to Chill Factore
- Chill Factore in Manchester is set to play host to a FIS (International Ski Federation) European Indoor Moguls Championships on 13 and 14 September 2014.
- Ski Club Leader 'High Fives' with Andrew Poodle
- The next in our series of 'High Fives' interviews puts the questions to one of Andrew Poodle - one of our more recent Leaders Course 'graduates'
- Take a peek inside the new Ski Club Freshtracks programme!
- Freshtracks 2014-15 holidays are now on sale... so here's a little taste of what's new for this year
- Change in membership subscription fee
- There will be a slight increase in the Ski Club membership fee from 1 August 2014