Welcome to Chalet Freshtracks
New for 2012-13 Ski Club Freshtracks will be operating a full-service chalet in Flaine
At the heart of the Grand Massif, Flaine has fantastic, vast and varied terrain for skiers of all levels. As a resort built because of its majestic mountains and generous dumps of snow, Flaine benefits from one of the best snowfalls across the Alps, with an average of almost six metres a year.
This makes Flaine the perfect venue for a brand new venture for Ski Club Freshtracks. Our Freshtracks off-piste weeks with Yann and Diane in Flaine are some of the most popular holidays on offer, and new this season we hope to match the fantastic on-snow experience with some great accommodation and hospitality.
Chalet Freshtracks has six bedrooms, a large open-plan kitchen/lounge/dining area complete with Scandinavian wood-burner, flat-screen TV and wi-fi. In true Scandinavian style, there’s a sauna to help relax and refresh you ready for another day tackling the powder fields, couloirs, gullies, pistes and backcountry routes of the Grand Massif!
The chalet itself is in the colourful Scandinavian-style development, Les Chalets du Hameau. The chalet is conveniently located, plus there's a free shuttle service to and from the main resort until midnight. We'll also have a Freshtracks minibus to shuttle members to the slopes each morning.
Our chalet staff will be serving up hearty breakfasts, scrumptious afternoon teas and delicious four course evening meals (with one day off) – and rest assured, we'll choose a good selection of wines to accompany the food!
Our Flaine holidays are renowned for the epic on-snow experience. You’ll be taught, guided, coaxed, tweaked (and entertained!) by two brilliant instructors – Yann Westercamp and Diane Moreau.
Yann is our head instructor in Flaine and has been managing our weeks for the past 16 years. He first arrived in Flaine in 1969, the same year the resort opened, and has returned every season since! An ISIA qualified instructor with years of technical knowledge and experience to draw upon, Yann is held in very high regard amongst Ski Club members.
Diane also has a tremendous knowledge of the local mountains. Passionate about skiing and extremely well versed in Flaine’s terrain, Diane knows exactly where to take you to ensure you find couloirs, gullies and mountain sides that will always leave you wanting more.
“They were all BRILLIANT! Charming, fun to be with, great communicators, exhilarating... taught me more than I ever expected about off- piste technique. I was stretched to my limits on the mountains and saw more of Flaine's off-piste runs than I ever expected. What’s more, they knew the best restaurants, the best snow, the speediest lifts, and all the mountain wildlife. They worked well together as a team and were delightful to all of us. Some people say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but this team certainly taught me masses!” Cresta Norris - PE Improvers Powder Skills 3, Flaine, March 2012
The 2012-13 Freshtracks winter holiday programme includes the following Flaine holidays;
|Improvers Powder Skills 1||22-29 December|
|Families New Year||29 December - 5 January|
|Learn to Ski Powder 1||5-12 January|
|Silver Powder Performance 1||12-19 January|
|Learn to Ski Powder 2||19-26 January|
|Improvers Powder Skills 2||26 January - 2 February|
|Adventurous Powder 1||2-9 February|
|Learn to Ski Powder 3||9-16 February|
|Adventurous Powder 2||16-23 February|
|Improvers Powder Skills 3||23 February - 2 March|
|Silver Powder Performance 2||2-9 March|
|Improvers Powder Skills 4||9-16 March|
|Learn to Ski Powder 4||16-23 March|
|Adventurous Powder 3||23-30 March|
|Silver Powder Performance 3||30 March - 6 April|
|Silver Powder Performance 4||6-13 April|
Freshtracks holidays for 2012-13 are now on sale, and some of the holidays are very popular, so if you want to make sure you get a spot on your favourite trip, book early to avoid disappointment. You can talk to one of the team or book a holiday by calling 020 8410 2022.
If you've been on holiday with us in the last three years, you'll automatically receive a Ski Club Freshtracks brochure. If not, you can request a brochure, and we’ll send one out.
Ski Club Freshtracks holidays are only open to Ski Club members. Join the club now (or when you book your holiday) to gain access to the full Freshtracks programme, and to take advantage of the many other benefits of being a member.
Request a brochure: www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclubfreshtracks/requestabrochure
- Discover Ski Club Freshtracks
- An in-depth look at why Ski Club Freshtracks holidays enjoy an 85% rebook rate. There’s insight from our instructors and lots of comments from our customers. Enjoy!
- Freeride - Lateral Stability
- When freeriding it is essential to have lateral control to keep your skiing consistent when the surface is inconsistent. Technique tip courtesy of the Warren Smith Ski Academy.
- Into the crud
- Technique advice for skiing through snow that has been baked by the sun and become cruddy and porridge-like.
- After the snowfall
- BASI expert Mark Jones helps presenter Peter Hart maintain his speed and stay afloat in the powder.
related ski news
- Ski tech: the best new ski apps this season
- From off-piste fly-throughs to ski fitness programmes, and packing lists to snow forecasts, apps can make your ski trip more fun, more sociable, more safe, and give you lots to boast about. Here's our...
- Ski Club Leader service returns to Mayrhofen this season
- The popular Austrian destination will host a Ski Club Leader in resort this winter
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
- WIN 12 days of Swiss Christmas
- 12 days, 12 prizes, one lucky winner