Andy's Blog: Early season courses with Snoworks
The Ski Club's Andy Brown prepares to tackle more of the mountain
For ages now I’ve wanted to improve so I can ski parts of the mountain that a lot of my friends can, without getting embarrassed or not getting there at all! But my problem is that I certainly don’t want to get stuck in a ski school, and ski in a classic “snake” formation spending half the time standing around. Call me selfish, but there you go.
This weekend we’re heading out to Tignes so we can advise you on the best way to go about learning to ski new parts of the mountain. We want to explore a more personalised instructional experience which is less standardised and therefore more appropriate to your needs, while still paying normal ski school rates.
We’ll be spending a couple of days with Snoworks, who suggest their tuition is ‘more like having a personal trainer than being a member of a gym class’. It’s an interesting theory – one that is springing up in a number of resorts – and an attractive one for people like me who want to push the boundaries a little more by learning to ski new terrain.
Personalised instruction is something we know Ski Club Freshtracks holidays do brilliantly, given that over 85% of members rebook. But we’d love to experience how other ski schools are running their courses and offering more than standard ski school lessons.
Stay tuned for our blogs on this experience, and so we can tell you how the snow’s looking as we approach what so far looks to be an excellent season for skiing! Finally I may be able to ski off piste under a chair lift without worrying about losing face, and losing my skis for that matter.
Read Andy's next blog to find out how he did tackling the deep snow in Tignes...
From tree hugger to tree dodger this weekend eh mate?! Thinking of you in Whistler makes me smile.... great fun!
Super jealous of your trip....
Have you seen the video that Snoworks Phil Smith put up yesterday? Looks like it has finally started to dump in Tignes.... green last week, white and lovely this week!
Have a great time, look forward to hearing how it goes!
related ski news
- Ten reasons to go skiing this December
- If you're anything like us here at the Ski Club, you'll be itching to get your skis back on as soon as possible. So why not look at booking that early-season ski holiday this winter? Here are 10 very...
- Top 5 Resorts for Early Season Snow
- There's nothing better than getting in your first day on skis - so why not get out as soon as possible? And here are our top recommendations for that snowsure, high altitude resort that is bound to...
- 7 in 7 - Which resort should I go to?
- As the Ski Club TV Team found out back in March, the Austrian Tirol is home to some spectacularly good skiing and boarding - but which is best for what? Tom Ewbank, the video series producer give us...
- Book your December Freshtracks holiday now!
- There's no better time to book your December Freshtracks ski holiday than right now. Every booker will be entered into a great prize draw and there's a fantastic selection of trips to choose from -...