Recall of Ortovox 3+ transceivers
Ortovox are recalling 3+ transceivers that were shipped to vendours after 17 October 2012.
This is what Ortovox have to say about this on their site;
During search training, avalanche transceivers of the ORTOVOX 3+ model switched to transmission mode unintentionally after 120 seconds in search mode. Internal tests showed that a certain production batch of the 3+ can exhibit this behavior.We are responding immediately and, as a precaution, are recalling all devices shipped to vendors after October 17, 2012, for inspection and a software update. These devices can no longer be used without an update.
You can read more about this and check your serial number to see if it is affected on their site.
This does not affect Ski Club transceiver hire 3+ stock.
- Disability skiing feature
- Ski Club member Ben Clatworthy (www.benclatworthy.com) takes an in depth look at the world of disabled skiing and even has a go in a sit-ski to see what its really like. Ben talks to ESF adaptive ski...
- Save money with the Ski Club
- Being a Ski Club Member entitles you to a huge range of discounts. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned mountain lover, you can soon make your membership fee back with a few purchases,...
- Ski Club Beginner Membership
- If you're thinking about getting into snowsports for the first time, the Ski Club has the perfect membership tailored just for you.
- Your Minute in the Mountains competition
- Upload your video for a chance to win a Drift HD Ghost headcam.