Rémy Lécluse memorial fund established
Friends have set up a fund to assist the family of the late mountain guide
Rémy Lécluse 1964 - 2012
At 4am on Sunday 23 September 2012 an enormous avalanche swept through camp 3 on Mount Manaslu in the Himalayas. Tragically it killed nine mountaineers, among them the French guide and extreme skier Rémy Lécluse.
Rémy was well known for his extraordinary exploits on skis and his guiding to many around the world. In the UK he had a long association with the Ski Club of Great Britain's Freshtracks holidays and Mountain Tracks. Rémy was a master of extreme skiing, with a unique philosophy and enthusiasm that involved pioneering descents down the world's steepest and highest peaks. He was a skilled mountain guide who inspired many to realise their dreams in the mountains.
Rémy was also a father and he leaves behind his daughter Elise, and son Swan, from his first marriage to Claire and an uncertainty about how to finance the costs of their education and welfare now and in the near future.
Close friends of Rémy have decided to put together a Fund in Rémy’s memory. The primary aim is to cover what Rémy would have contributed to see Elise and Swan through their tertiary education. The target for this is €50,000. Secondly, if possible, we would like to establish a long-term legacy supporting guides ski training in the developing world, an area Rémy was passionate about.
We hope this appeal will be supported generously by his many friends and colleagues who shared Rémy's love of the mountains and of skiing. If you are interested in donate to the fund you can do so in the following ways:
Bank: Lloyds TSB Treasurer’s account
Account Name: Remy Lecluse Memorial Fund
Account No: 17817360 Sort Code: 77-10-19
Reference: Anonymous (or if you wish please give your name so we know where the donation has come from)
By Cheque (UK BANKS ONLY)
To: Remy Lecluse Memorial Fund
Post to: Nick Parks
Rémy Lécluse Memorial Fund
Brampford Speke Exeter
Donating from outside the United Kingdom
If you wish to discuss the memorial fund or any matter realting to it please email email@example.com
I never knew him, and probably would never have met him, however the tributes are such that I shall contribute,
Well done David.
For me a contribution is but small thanks for several inspirational holidays which took a fairly plodding skier into the presence of a giant of the sport who encouraged and directed me into achievements I had only previously dreamed about.
related ski news
- Friedrichshafen Airport (FDH): Your Access All Areas Gateway to the Alps
- Your Gateway to the Alps: only 60-90 minutes transfer to internationally recognised ski resorts.
- Trentino: the Italian side of the mountains
- There are few places in the Alps as spectacular as Trentino. And there are few places that can offer the same mix of ego-boosting pistes, sunny weather and superb mountain restaurants. If you long for...
- Enjoy your winter sports with swissrent
- With swissrent your day is perfect right from the start.
- When in Switzerland, ski like the Swiss do.
- Beth Begg goes night skiing in Switzerland, follows in the footsteps of some early ski pioneers, and explores a resort where the streets are lined with luxury stores.