New Ski Club of Great Britain blog at skiclub.blog.com
Keep up to date with what's going on here in the UK and out in the mountains
We've recently launched a brand new blog site to host blogs from Ski Club staff, members, and contributors spending the season based out in the mountains.
Check out the blog now at: skiclubgb.wordpress.com
This new blog is a great place to keep in the loop with what's going on here at the Ski Club, find out about events and news from the world of snowsports, and to read about some of our favourite skiing and snowboarding destinations.
Over the winter you'll find regular contributions from our bloggers. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes in a Sainte Foy chalet, what it's like to move to the Alps and become an instructor, or want to hear more about resorts both big and small, we'll have it covered.
We'll also have guest contributions from World Cup athletes and Ski Club sponsored riders as they set their sights on Sochi 2014.
- Snowcast Extra - Emily Sarsfield interview
- GB skier Emily Sarsfield takes a breather from the 2012 SIGB Ski Tests in Kuhtai, Austria to talk about her discipline, Skiercross.
- Snowcast Extra - Introduction to Ski Touring
- Ski touring first-timers Lucy and Vicky join mountain guide Nigel Shepherd and head beyond the resort boundary for their first taste of the backcountry.
- Al's skiing tips: breaking in ski boots
- Al offers some handy advice on breaking in your ski boots before you go away so that they are as comfortable as they can be when you are skiing in them.
- Saas Fee Resort Guide
- A video guide to the activities on offer in the Swiss resort of Saas Fee, presented by James Cove.
related ski news
- A quest to conquer the world's toughest ski race
- Facing retirement from competitive skiing, Chemmy has faced her hardest ever challenge - going cross-country in the world's toughest ski competition, the Arctic Circle Race.
- Highlights of The BRITs 2015
- A year after so many were inspired by Sochi, Rachel and James headed to Tignes for the The BRITS (March 21st - 28th), a week-long festival incorporating the British Snowboard and Freeski...
- Six reasons we all love spring skiing
- Believe it or not, spring skiing does exist in May and it's your final chance to get a cheeky slide in before season end.
- Spotlight on: Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- A vast destination resort in the Austrian Tirol little known amongst British skiers and riders