New Ski Club of Great Britain blog at skiclub.blog.com
Keep up to date with what's going on here in the UK and out in the mountains
We've recently launched a brand new blog site to host blogs from Ski Club staff, members, and contributors spending the season based out in the mountains.
Check out the blog now at: skiclubgb.wordpress.com
This new blog is a great place to keep in the loop with what's going on here at the Ski Club, find out about events and news from the world of snowsports, and to read about some of our favourite skiing and snowboarding destinations.
Over the winter you'll find regular contributions from our bloggers. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes in a Sainte Foy chalet, what it's like to move to the Alps and become an instructor, or want to hear more about resorts both big and small, we'll have it covered.
We'll also have guest contributions from World Cup athletes and Ski Club sponsored riders as they set their sights on Sochi 2014.
- Snowcast Extra - Emily Sarsfield interview
- GB skier Emily Sarsfield takes a breather from the 2012 SIGB Ski Tests in Kuhtai, Austria to talk about her discipline, Skiercross.
- Snowcast Extra - Introduction to Ski Touring
- Ski touring first-timers Lucy and Vicky join mountain guide Nigel Shepherd and head beyond the resort boundary for their first taste of the backcountry.
- Al's skiing tips: breaking in ski boots
- Al offers some handy advice on breaking in your ski boots before you go away so that they are as comfortable as they can be when you are skiing in them.
- Saas Fee Resort Guide
- A video guide to the activities on offer in the Swiss resort of Saas Fee, presented by James Cove.
related ski news
- Whizz to the Alps by train from 149GBP return
- Eurostar's much loved ski train is back, running from 19 December to 11 April 2015 and taking you straight to the heart of the French Alps. All your favourite resorts, including Courchevel, La Plagne,...
- Great gear at great prices from Ski Republic
- Up to 50% off standard prices when you book online!
- Spotlight on: Verbier
- One of Switzerland's big-hitters, Verbier is popular with Brits for a reason - idyllic chalets, swanky restaurants, buzzing nightlife, and seemingly endless challenging terrain
- Fresh snow and Shaun White in Avoriaz
- It's been snowing all day in Avoriaz, France. What's more, they've got Shaun White lined up to play at their opening party. Many reasons to rock out!