New Ski Club of Great Britain blog at skiclub.blog.com
Keep up to date with what's going on here in the UK and out in the mountains
We've recently launched a brand new blog site to host blogs from Ski Club staff, members, and contributors spending the season based out in the mountains.
Check out the blog now at: skiclubgb.wordpress.com
This new blog is a great place to keep in the loop with what's going on here at the Ski Club, find out about events and news from the world of snowsports, and to read about some of our favourite skiing and snowboarding destinations.
Over the winter you'll find regular contributions from our bloggers. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes in a Sainte Foy chalet, what it's like to move to the Alps and become an instructor, or want to hear more about resorts both big and small, we'll have it covered.
We'll also have guest contributions from World Cup athletes and Ski Club sponsored riders as they set their sights on Sochi 2014.
- Snowcast Extra - Emily Sarsfield interview
- GB skier Emily Sarsfield takes a breather from the 2012 SIGB Ski Tests in Kuhtai, Austria to talk about her discipline, Skiercross.
- Snowcast Extra - Introduction to Ski Touring
- Ski touring first-timers Lucy and Vicky join mountain guide Nigel Shepherd and head beyond the resort boundary for their first taste of the backcountry.
- Al's skiing tips: breaking in ski boots
- Al offers some handy advice on breaking in your ski boots before you go away so that they are as comfortable as they can be when you are skiing in them.
- Saas Fee Resort Guide
- A video guide to the activities on offer in the Swiss resort of Saas Fee, presented by James Cove.
related ski news
- Best French resorts for skiing with the kids
- After decades of research, ski-mum Anne Bridges tells us her top three French resorts for skiing with the kids.
- WIN tickets to the Lauberhorn ski races
- The 85th Lauberhorn ski race - one of the biggest and most exciting in the world - is almost upon us. Fancy winning tickets?
- Alpine ski racing returns for another action-packed season
- The World Cup alpine ski season is upon us, and already there are bizarre injuries, surprise wins and challenging weather. Read on for a round-up of the action so far...
- Things are looking up
- Winter has finally returned to the Alps last week, the mountains are looking whiter and lots of resorts are set to open this weekend. Meanwhile in the Pyrenees, on the east coast of the USA and even...