Salomon BBR - Shaping the future
Since George Salomon founded the company in 1947, Salomon has always been at the forefront of innovation.
The introduction a couple of seasons ago of the BBR range of skis - a radical new design in alpine skis – illustrates the company’s drive for performance-led products which enhance your mountain experience.
The BBR ski is the brainchild of Bertrand Krafft, aka BeBeR, the ski designer behind the legendary X-Scream Series and Pocket Rocket. As an avid summer and winter sports enthusiast, he has made gliding sports such as surfing, kite-surfing, skiing and snowboarding his inspiration. Driven by his passion for these sports, he has developed a radical, revolutionary new shape in the landscape of skiing.
BeBeR explains his vision and inspiration for the ski. “Many of the sensations I found in surfing and kite-surfing, I have now brought to skiing: the freedom to go where you want when you want. This new radical design delivers great edge grip for more confidence, yet remains playful in soft snow. That’s what my ski is all about: freedom and fun.”
The BBR is a ski like no other ski ever made. The oversized surfboard shaped tip and rocker make turning easy yet enable the ski to float in powder and flow smoothly over uneven terrain. The efficient waist and pintail shape combine to give effective edge control and grip on harder snow. What Salomon calls the “V” shape is literally two skis in one: it is a carving ski that floats in powder, and a powder ski that carves on piste. The BBR gives you more options for more fun in the widest variety of snow conditions.
The BBR ski comes in four versions: BBR 7.5 which comes with Z10 bindings, BBR 8.0, BBR 8.9 and the daddy of them all, the BBR 10.0. There are also two women’s specific skis: the BBR Sunlite and Skylite.
For more information on the range, click here
- Ski Club Snowcast episode 176 - The Brits Special
- 26th March 2010 - Emma and Ed bring you a very special Snowcast direct from the BRITS in Laax, Switzerland. We meet Ski Club sponsored riders James and Rob Machon, find out what else Laax has to...
- Ski Club Summer Snowcast episode 181
- May 2010 - In the first Summer Snowcast it's time to party, as we look forward to the Ski Club's BIG summer party on 25 June and reveal how you could win tickets! There's also some of your season...
- Ski Club Summer Snowcast episode 182
- June 2010 - In the second of the monthy Summer Snowcasts we revisit Scotland for the Ski Club's annual Big Spring Clean, part of the Respect the Mountain initiative. There's also a look ahead to the...
- Ski Club Summer Snowcast episode 183
- July 2010 - Emma and Tom bring you the latest ski and snowboard news from around the world. This month: the Ski Club BIG Summer Party, Crystal report highlights challenging winter season, and the...