Salomon BBR - Shaping the future
Since George Salomon founded the company in 1947, Salomon has always been at the forefront of innovation.
The introduction a couple of seasons ago of the BBR range of skis - a radical new design in alpine skis – illustrates the company’s drive for performance-led products which enhance your mountain experience.
The BBR ski is the brainchild of Bertrand Krafft, aka BeBeR, the ski designer behind the legendary X-Scream Series and Pocket Rocket. As an avid summer and winter sports enthusiast, he has made gliding sports such as surfing, kite-surfing, skiing and snowboarding his inspiration. Driven by his passion for these sports, he has developed a radical, revolutionary new shape in the landscape of skiing.
BeBeR explains his vision and inspiration for the ski. “Many of the sensations I found in surfing and kite-surfing, I have now brought to skiing: the freedom to go where you want when you want. This new radical design delivers great edge grip for more confidence, yet remains playful in soft snow. That’s what my ski is all about: freedom and fun.”
The BBR is a ski like no other ski ever made. The oversized surfboard shaped tip and rocker make turning easy yet enable the ski to float in powder and flow smoothly over uneven terrain. The efficient waist and pintail shape combine to give effective edge control and grip on harder snow. What Salomon calls the “V” shape is literally two skis in one: it is a carving ski that floats in powder, and a powder ski that carves on piste. The BBR gives you more options for more fun in the widest variety of snow conditions.
The BBR ski comes in four versions: BBR 7.5 which comes with Z10 bindings, BBR 8.0, BBR 8.9 and the daddy of them all, the BBR 10.0. There are also two women’s specific skis: the BBR Sunlite and Skylite.
For more information on the range, click here
- Disability skiing feature
- Ski Club member Ben Clatworthy (www.benclatworthy.com) takes an in depth look at the world of disabled skiing and even has a go in a sit-ski to see what its really like. Ben talks to ESF adaptive ski...
- Save money with the Ski Club
- Being a Ski Club Member entitles you to a huge range of discounts. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned mountain lover, you can soon make your membership fee back with a few purchases,...
- Ski Club Beginner Membership
- If you're thinking about getting into snowsports for the first time, the Ski Club has the perfect membership tailored just for you.
- Snowcast Extra - Flaine resort guide
- Chris Taine visits the French resort nestled in the heart of the Grand Massif ski area. Not only is the resort home to Ski Club Leaders throughout the season, it also hosts all of our holidays to the...