Is your child a potential Snow Star?
Ski Coaching for children at The Snow Centre
If you live in the UK and your child shows an aptitude and interest in snowsports it’s not always easy to nurture that talent. Compared to European countries where ski racing facilities and coaching programmes are within easy reach of towns and cities, and children begin training at an early age, talented British skiers have a number of hurdles to overcome to compete at the highest levels.
However, The Snow Centre Hemel Hempstead has recently launched Snow Stars Ski Coaching – a programme aimed at developing childrens performance and technique in a Club-like environment - whether they are Olympians in the making, or just want to get the most out of the sport.
“It’s a really fun environment that pushes the kids onto the next level,” says Snow Stars instructor Lesley Pinkerton. “We encourage them to improve their technical skills but also teach them tricks and build up their confidence on skis by getting them to ski backwards, over jumps or on one leg! The kids love it and Snow Stars has become a real social highlight of the week for them.”
Regular sessions and a club ethos with sweat shirts, record books and the same instructor every week really help develop their skills on the slopes, and also makes it a real team environment. Because all of the children are already competent on the snow it means that a lot of one-to-one coaching can be given, meaning that the youngsters can progress quickly.
Guest instructors include The Snow Centre’s own freestyle and performance skiers and even Britain’s number one Alpine skier and Olympian Ed Drake.
The Snow Centre has 160m of real snow slope and the UK’s largest nursery slopes – so it’s ideal for beginners too, with lessons available to prepare your kids for their first trip to the mountains.
Discounts for Ski Club members
The Snow Centre Hemel Hempstead is now offering Ski Club of Great Britain members discounted slope time to take advantage of the facilities right here in the UK:
10% off recreational lift passes (on production of a valid membership card)
55% off membership to The Snow Centre
£32 for a two-hour recreational pass with a free drink for Ski Club members
For more information about performance coaching in Snow Stars, lessons for all abilities and ages (including adults) as well as school holiday courses visit thesnowcentre.com or call 0845 258 9000.
related ski news
- Two exciting announcements for UK snowsports
- Although the 2015/2016 season may be coming to an end, two new snowsports concepts have been launched this Spring. They are focussed on increasing participation and nurturing the talent right here in...
- SIGB Ski Test Week - what is it, and what goes on?
- This February around 50 ski brands headed out to the mountains to showcase next season's gear. Welcome to ski test week. An intensive - yet productive - four and half days, attended by retailers,...
- Scotland's Freeride Capital
- Scotland and big mountain freeride lines have until recently rarely been put together in the same sentence. However the resort of Nevis Range has been at the forefront of changing these outdated...
- Spotlight on: Hokkaido
- Japan is known to many as the home of karate, sushi platters and innovative technology. But for us here at the Ski Club, Japan holds the key to a dreamland of powder skiing - arguably second to none.