Why ski with a Leader?
Much more than just showing you the best spots on the mountain, we find out what members have to say about skiing with a Leader
Joining a Ski Club Leader in resort is about much more than just seeking out perfect pistes and untracked powder. Whether it’s finding the perfect place for vin chaud or a traditional mountain lunch, bringing together members for unforgettable après, or giving skiers and snowboarders a chance to share a chairlift ride with like-minded individuals, Leaders are there to help you have the best day on the mountain.
For many members, who ski with Leaders on both Freshtracks holidays and in over 30 resorts worldwide, it’s the camaraderie of the experience that brings them back season after season. Ski Club Leaders might be trained in mountain safety, snow science and group leadership, but they’re also social creatures, hosting a social hour each evening where you can relax with other members.
This social aspect of skiing with the Ski Club makes the Leader service a great option for solo skiers and those who are either single, or leaving the family at home. Because you’re on the mountain with others of a similar ability, it’s a chance to make lifelong friends.
Here’s what a few Ski Club members have to say about the Leaders service, beyond the snow.
“He (Jerry Crowley) brought the people together with his chat and jokes and when there was a problem he was there to put it right. On the slopes he is a very good skier, and was a joy to be on holiday with. I will look next year to see where he is placed!” – Rowland Smith (Flaine)
“I think Toby Carless makes this holiday. He promotes togetherness in the groups and brings a fun and lively feel to the whole holiday… I did this holiday last year and I came back because of Toby” – Tom Milne (Tignes – Off Piste Progression 2)
“All the leaders listen to the group and seemed to get the best for everyone as well as being helpful and considerate. To top it off they are all great holiday companions as well” – Lorraine Eaton (Tignes)
“I really enjoyed the 3 days skiing and the camaraderie of the group. Tony our group leader made the holiday perfect. His knowledge of skiing, encouragement and expertise inspired confidence and group camaraderie” – Renuka Ranasinghe (Klosters)
If you've not yet skied with a Leader we look forward to welcoming you soon!
You can join a Ski Club Leader at resorts in France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Canada and the USA.
related ski news
- Job Vacancy: Digital Communications Internship
- We're looking for a Digital Communications Intern to join the Ski Club's communications team at our Wimbledon office.
- Winter through the lens of our Leaders and Guides
- We've loved getting emails from our Leaders and Guides throughout the season and their pictures have made us green with envy as we've sat at our desks in Wimbledon. Here's our pick of the best.
- La Plagne - the other side of the mountain
- If you're looking to expand your 'off-piste' horizons, La Plagne has plenty to offer skiers and snowboarders looking to try something new.
- Ski Club Leader 'High Fives' with John Bennett
- For the latest in our 'High Fives' series, we caught up with John Bennett, who became a Ski Club Leader in December 2003.