Why ski with a Leader?
Much more than just showing you the best spots on the mountain, we find out what members have to say about skiing with a Leader
Joining a Ski Club Leader in resort is about much more than just seeking out perfect pistes and untracked powder. Whether it’s finding the perfect place for vin chaud or a traditional mountain lunch, bringing together members for unforgettable après, or giving skiers and snowboarders a chance to share a chairlift ride with like-minded individuals, Leaders are there to help you have the best day on the mountain.
For many members, who ski with Leaders on both Freshtracks holidays and in over 30 resorts worldwide, it’s the camaraderie of the experience that brings them back season after season. Ski Club Leaders might be trained in mountain safety, snow science and group leadership, but they’re also social creatures, hosting a social hour each evening where you can relax with other members.
This social aspect of skiing with the Ski Club makes the Leader service a great option for solo skiers and those who are either single, or leaving the family at home. Because you’re on the mountain with others of a similar ability, it’s a chance to make lifelong friends.
Here’s what a few Ski Club members have to say about the Leaders service, beyond the snow.
“He (Jerry Crowley) brought the people together with his chat and jokes and when there was a problem he was there to put it right. On the slopes he is a very good skier, and was a joy to be on holiday with. I will look next year to see where he is placed!” – Rowland Smith (Flaine)
“I think Toby Carless makes this holiday. He promotes togetherness in the groups and brings a fun and lively feel to the whole holiday… I did this holiday last year and I came back because of Toby” – Tom Milne (Tignes – Off Piste Progression 2)
“All the leaders listen to the group and seemed to get the best for everyone as well as being helpful and considerate. To top it off they are all great holiday companions as well” – Lorraine Eaton (Tignes)
“I really enjoyed the 3 days skiing and the camaraderie of the group. Tony our group leader made the holiday perfect. His knowledge of skiing, encouragement and expertise inspired confidence and group camaraderie” – Renuka Ranasinghe (Klosters)
If you've not yet skied with a Leader we look forward to welcoming you soon!
You can join a Ski Club Leader at resorts in France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Canada and the USA.
- Snowcast Extra - Ski with the Ski Club
- By skiing with Ski Club Leaders you can get more out of your time on the slopes. We show you how the service works and why you should try it. It’s all part of being a member – don’t miss out!
- Ski Club Freshtracks - embrace your adventurous spirit
- Inspirational holidays matching skiers of the same ability. Visit the Ski Club Freshtracks websites to see the full range of over 130 unforgettable skiing experiences.
- Al's skiing tips: storing skis at lunch
- Whilst you're enjoying your lunch - don't lose your skis in the process - Al has made a friend who's there to help.
- Salomon Freeski TV S6 E08 - Roots: Austria
- Austria is known as the cradle of modern skiing. Chris Rubens and Mike Henitiuk explore this country's obsession with sliding on snow from the Hahnenkamm to the Arlberg.
related ski news
- Job Vacancy: Sales & Operations Consultant
- We're looking for a Sales and Operations Consultant to join the Ski Club Freshtracks team based at our Wimbledon Village office
- Update on Leader service situation in France
- The Ski Club will fully support its Leader service and monitor the situation closely following challenges to the club's volunteer on-snow service
- Free Swiss Inspired Evening in association with the Ski Club of Great Britain
- Take the latest Swiss kit for a whirl at The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead
- The Telegraph Ski and Snowboard Show brings the slopes to the city!
- Once again Ski Club members can take advantage of an exclusive 2-4-1 offer on tickets for any day of the shows*