The Alpine Challenge raises over £50,000 for Snow-Camp's work
Good efforts all round in the Portes du Soleil!
Looking over Morzine
Conditions in Morzine were close to perfect for the event and teams made the most of the blue skies and perfect snow as they raced around the ski area to reach 15 checkpoints and racking up GPS-tracked kilometres.
Snow-Camp Director, Dan Charlish, said, "The event went even better than we had hoped. Teams loved the new orienteering format which put them in charge of their route and strategy - and the improved tracking facility kept everyone in touch with how they were doing and how far they had ridden. As ever, the mountain night hike added an extra level of endurance and is certainly a challenge after a big day of riding - but the experience of sledging home in the dark with 80 participants provided a suitable reward!"
Tom Saunders, of the DHO warriors said,"It was a fantastic event – we thoroughly enjoyed raising money for such a good cause doing something we all love! We will be going back to the DHO Race Club and getting more teams for next year!"
Over 80 people took part representing companies such as RBS, Norton Rose, PWC, Barclays Wealth, Miller Insurance, Welbeck and London Bridge Capital, as well as snowsport industry teams including SCUK and the World Snowboard Guide. Combined fundraising across all teams has now passed £50,000, which will support Snow-Camp’s work with young people.
"The effort teams have put into their fundraising has been phenomenal. The 2013 Alpine Challenge has now set a new fundraising record for an event run for Snow-Camp. The impact this will have on our work is huge – we couldn’t be more grateful for all the support from everyone involved", said Dan Charlish.
Sponsors Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports were proud to have supported the event once again and have been supporters of Snow-Camp for many years. They were joined by Morzine Tourist Board, Basecamp Group and White Blancmange Luxury Travel as key event sponsors.
The Alpine Challenge 2014 will be launched soon. To enter your team contact Snow-Camp or visit www.snow-camp.org.uk/alpinechallenge to find out more. Make sure you also keep an eye on Snow-Camp's website for other events including:
- Brighton Marathon – April 14th 2013
- London 2 Brighton Walk – May 25th 2013
- Moonriders London 2 Brighton Cycle – July 12th 2013
- Skydive – Date tbc
- National 3 Peaks 24hr Challenge – 19-21 July 2013
For more information or to sign up to any of the above events, please call Dan on 01272 241 383 or 07803 876455, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
related ski news
- Top 5 Snowsure Resorts
- One problem we all have in common is being able to find that one ski resort with guaranteed snow, despite the time of season, so why not take a look at our top five suggestions that will be sure to...
- Beyond the Streif: Kitzbuehel
- As the 77th edition of the Hahnenkamm approaches, we look back at Kitzbuehel's place in skiing history
- A Day On The Slopes With A Ski Club Leader
- The Leaders service has kicked off for the season with the first Leaders already in Zermatt. Chris Madoc-Jones from the Ski Club's content team was on hand to experience day two of the 2016/17 Leaders...
- The Ski Club Leaders Course
- The next generation of Ski Club Leaders have just returned from an intense two weeks in the mountains of Zermatt and Chris Madoc-Jones from the Ski Club's content team was on hand to see them put...