Get involved in the Ski Club Dual Slalom!
This exciting team event sponsored by Monarch is returning to Tignes on 3 April
Have you always wanted to bash gates like a World Cup racer? Fancy yourself the next Marcel Hirscher? Or maybe you just have a secret desire to descend a piste dressed as a giant Yorkshire Pudding? If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', then you won't want to miss the Ski Club of Great Britain Dual Slalom, sponsored by Monarch. This year, the event will be on Wednesday 3 April, returning to Tignes, France.
Teams of four will go head-to-head on a specially constructed slalom course by the Tichot lift in Val Claret for the chance to win the coveted Trophy and Plate competitions, as well as other categories such as best fancy dress and best family. There have already been successful FIS City Events in Munich and Moscow this season, where the best World Cup skiers circuit have competed in this exciting and competitive take on ski racing - now it's your chance to give it a go!
There are loads of fantastic prizes up grabs, kindly donated by our partners. These include flights with Monarch Airlines, a free place on a three-day clinic with The Development Centre (TDC), as well as a range of ski jackets from Cotswold Outdoor, Protest and Mountain Warehouse.
A complimentary vin chaud or hot chocolate is also included for all participants and tartiflette and a drink is available for just €6.
All ages and abilities are welcome to enter, and there will be a practice course set up throughout the day for anyone wanting to hone their slalom skills or simply have a go before taking to the gates with their team for the event itself.
Last year was a great success with 80 contenders all battling it out for a top spot on the podium. Check out last year's photos on our Facebook page.
When: Wednesday 3 April.
Bib collection 09:30 – 10:30. The course will be open from 10.00 for anyone who wants a warm up run.
The Dual Slalom starts at 11.00 with race briefing, which will continue until approximately 13.30. The prize-giving ceremony will then be held at Le Coffee at 15.30.
Where: Val Claret by the Tichot lift.
Cost: FREE to enter. Refundable €10 deposit for race bibs.
How to enter:
Enter with the Ski Club from Sunday 31 March at the following locations:
Couloir Bar, Val Claret (5.00pm - 6.00pm)
The Alpaka Lodge, Le Lac (6.15pm - 7.15pm)
Bar Alexandra, Val D'Isere (6.45pm - 7.45pm)
Also, Ski Club members who book their ski hire with Skiset for the week of the Dual Slalom in Tignes, get 50% off! Just visit the Deep Snow Skiset store in Val Claret (near the Tichot lift) and present your Ski Club membership card at checkout.
Or pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
related ski news
- Summer skiing - Norwegian style!
- The Norwegian fjords are world-renowned for their stunning scenery and striking landscapes. But how would you fancy looking down on them when on a pair of skis, on top of a glacier, in the middle of...
- Ed Drake Announces Retirement
- One of the finest British ski racers of his generation has sadly hung up his ski boots aged 30 after over 20 years of racing.
- Rising domestic ski and snowboard talent showcased at three English Indoor Championships
- The English Moguls, Slopestyle and Ski & Snowboard Cross Championships come to Chill Factore in Manchester this summer - newly updated to include results from round 1!
- Where the road ends... Kaunertal is just getting started
- Kaunertal glacier lies deep in the heart of the Eastern Alps, straddling the border between Austria and Italy, and far from the maddening crowds