Get involved in the Ski Club Dual Slalom!
This exciting team event sponsored by Monarch is returning to Tignes on 3 April
Have you always wanted to bash gates like a World Cup racer? Fancy yourself the next Marcel Hirscher? Or maybe you just have a secret desire to descend a piste dressed as a giant Yorkshire Pudding? If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', then you won't want to miss the Ski Club of Great Britain Dual Slalom, sponsored by Monarch. This year, the event will be on Wednesday 3 April, returning to Tignes, France.
Teams of four will go head-to-head on a specially constructed slalom course by the Tichot lift in Val Claret for the chance to win the coveted Trophy and Plate competitions, as well as other categories such as best fancy dress and best family. There have already been successful FIS City Events in Munich and Moscow this season, where the best World Cup skiers circuit have competed in this exciting and competitive take on ski racing - now it's your chance to give it a go!
There are loads of fantastic prizes up grabs, kindly donated by our partners. These include flights with Monarch Airlines, a free place on a three-day clinic with The Development Centre (TDC), as well as a range of ski jackets from Cotswold Outdoor, Protest and Mountain Warehouse.
A complimentary vin chaud or hot chocolate is also included for all participants and tartiflette and a drink is available for just €6.
All ages and abilities are welcome to enter, and there will be a practice course set up throughout the day for anyone wanting to hone their slalom skills or simply have a go before taking to the gates with their team for the event itself.
Ski Club Dual Slalom
Last year was a great success with 80 contenders all battling it out for a top spot on the podium. Check out last year's photos on our Facebook page.
When: Wednesday 3 April.
Bib collection 09:30 – 10:30. The course will be open from 10.00 for anyone who wants a warm up run.
The Dual Slalom starts at 11.00 with race briefing, which will continue until approximately 13.30. The prize-giving ceremony will then be held at Le Coffee at 15.30.
Where: Val Claret by the Tichot lift.
Cost: FREE to enter. Refundable €10 deposit for race bibs.
How to enter:
Enter with the Ski Club from Sunday 31 March at the following locations:
Couloir Bar, Val Claret (5.00pm - 6.00pm)
The Alpaka Lodge, Le Lac (6.15pm - 7.15pm)
Bar Alexandra, Val D'Isere (6.45pm - 7.45pm)
Also, Ski Club members who book their ski hire with Skiset for the week of the Dual Slalom in Tignes, get 50% off! Just visit the Deep Snow Skiset store in Val Claret (near the Tichot lift) and present your Ski Club membership card at checkout.
Or pre-register by emailing email@example.com.
- Snowcast Extra - Chalet Freshtracks
- A look inside the Ski Club's Chalet Freshtracks in Flaine, France.
- Ski Club Dual Slalom 2011
- Find out what happens at the annual Ski Club event in Tignes, in association with Land Rover and Evo 2.
- Ski Club Dual Slalom 2010
- Highlights of the inaugural Ski Club Dual Slalom from Tignes in France. In the open-to-all race, teams of four went head to head to win prizes in an array of categories, even for the best fancy...
- Ski Club Snowcast 23 March - Tignes Dual Slalom 2012
- In this week's Snowcast, Andy and Lucy are looking ahead to the Ski Club Tignes Dual Slalom, taking place on April 4 and open for all ages and abilities! There's James Machon's gold winning halfpipe...
related ski news
- World Championship Success for Team GB!
- Last week saw some of the best wintersports results in British history from two of our athletes, Jasmin Taylor and Andrew Musgrave.
- Chemmy Alcott and the Arctic V Set New World Record
- What do you get if you combine a female Olympian with four male skiing counterparts, tie them all together and put them on roller skis in Hyde Park?
- Best of Graubünden
- Packed with many of Switzerland's premier resorts, we've picked out the best spots in Graubünden... to suit all tastes
- Club Sandwich: tasty new member benefits
- Our new round-up of the latest benefits for Ski Club members, just so you don't miss out on anything.