Warren Miller's 64th movie 'Ticket to Ride' comes to UK screens
Tickets for the annual Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour are now on sale
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour will be coming to a screen near you soon, a sure sign that winter is on its way. It's the 64th outing from the franchise, which over the past few years has produced Flow State (2012) Like There’s No Tomorrow (2011) and Wintervention (2010).
Ticket to Ride, powered by Nismo, will have its UK premiere in London on 14 November, before travelling to more than 30 cinemas - from Brighton to Inverness - to mark the start of the winter season.
In this latest installment of the legendary film series, Ticket to Ride invites viewers to take part in an action-packed journey with the world’s best skiers and snowboarders. There are breath-taking performances from World Cup champions and Olympians Seth Wescott, Ted Ligety and Julia Mancuso, plus legendary ski mountaineers like Chris Davenport and freeskiers Colby James West and Sean Pettit.
These athletes put themselves at the top of the world’s steepest peaks in some truly incredible destinations, from Alaska and Montana’s Big Sky Country to the undercover winter playgrounds of Kazakhstan, Iceland and Greenland.
Ski Club members can get 20% off tickets - enter promo code at the online checkout to receive your discount.
For more information on tour dates and to purchase tickets visit www.warrenmiller.co.uk.
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour is sponsored by Ski Lake Tahoe, Virgin Holidays and The Independent.
For the Dundee showing you have to purchase your tickets directly with the Dundee Contemporary Arts centre. I showed membership cards and gave the promo code, but no discount :(
related ski news
- Top 5 Budget Ski Resorts
- Skiing can be expensive, but it need not be - especially at these five budget, low-cost ski resorts as chosen by the Ski Club's team of in-house experts:
- Laax aiming to become the world's first self-sufficient resort
- The Swiss resort of Laax is well on the way to becoming the world's greenest ski resort through their Greenstyle initiative. New lifts are powered by solar energy, heat and rubbish are recycled and...
- Top 5 Ski Lifts
- Chairlifts, gondolas, cable cars and draglifts. Most of us take them for granted and expect fast lifts around every corner - but some lifts are slightly more special than others as the following list...
- 7 in 7 - Which resort should I go to?
- As the Ski Club TV Team found out back in March, the Austrian Tirol is home to some spectacularly good skiing and boarding - but which is best for what? Tom Ewbank, the video series producer give us...