Warren Miller's 64th movie 'Ticket to Ride' comes to UK screens
Tickets for the annual Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour are now on sale
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour will be coming to a screen near you soon, a sure sign that winter is on its way. It's the 64th outing from the franchise, which over the past few years has produced Flow State (2012) Like There’s No Tomorrow (2011) and Wintervention (2010).
Ticket to Ride, powered by Nismo, will have its UK premiere in London on 14 November, before travelling to more than 30 cinemas - from Brighton to Inverness - to mark the start of the winter season.
In this latest installment of the legendary film series, Ticket to Ride invites viewers to take part in an action-packed journey with the world’s best skiers and snowboarders. There are breath-taking performances from World Cup champions and Olympians Seth Wescott, Ted Ligety and Julia Mancuso, plus legendary ski mountaineers like Chris Davenport and freeskiers Colby James West and Sean Pettit.
These athletes put themselves at the top of the world’s steepest peaks in some truly incredible destinations, from Alaska and Montana’s Big Sky Country to the undercover winter playgrounds of Kazakhstan, Iceland and Greenland.
'Ticket to Ride' Trailer
Ski Club members can get 20% off tickets - enter promo code at the online checkout to receive your discount.
For more information on tour dates and to purchase tickets visit www.warrenmiller.co.uk.
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour is sponsored by Ski Lake Tahoe, Virgin Holidays and The Independent.
For the Dundee showing you have to purchase your tickets directly with the Dundee Contemporary Arts centre. I showed membership cards and gave the promo code, but no discount :(
- Flow State trailer
- It's the 63rd Warren Miller film, heading to cinemas for the annual tour this autumn.
- Eye of the Storm - Chapter 1: Genesis
- In April 2010 French freeskier Thibaud Duhosal injured his knee in an accident that would take him a year to recover from. Chapter 1 of the series is the start of his journey back to the mountains.
- Freeride World Tour - Between the Lines - Episode 10: Fear
- The competitors on the Freeride World Tour talk about conquering their fears and them to perform on the mountain
- The Early Years of British Skiing
- An extract from the One Hundred DVD that traces 100 years of British skiing. This film concentrates on the early years with lots of old skiing footage.
related ski news
- A little fresh snow over Val Thorens
- The webcam at the top of the Alps is sending back a nice sight...
- Happy birthday SKIING!
- 150 years ago this month the winter holiday was born, so the Ski Club headed to Switzerland's St Moritz, where not all that much has changed. Expect stiff upper lips, severed fingers, 50mph...
- Crabapple schnapps and a pompom hat - what five things would you have in your ski backpack?
- We asked the question and the winner got an Ortovox backpack. Read on to see what her excellent selection was
- Four-time Olympian is new Ski Club ambassador
- Chemmy Alcott, Britain's top alpine skier, has become a Ski Club ambassador, and will be putting in appearances with the club, encouraging enthusiasm for snowsports