Warren Miller's 64th movie 'Ticket to Ride' comes to UK screens
Tickets for the annual Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour are now on sale
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour will be coming to a screen near you soon, a sure sign that winter is on its way. It's the 64th outing from the franchise, which over the past few years has produced Flow State (2012) Like There’s No Tomorrow (2011) and Wintervention (2010).
Ticket to Ride, powered by Nismo, will have its UK premiere in London on 14 November, before travelling to more than 30 cinemas - from Brighton to Inverness - to mark the start of the winter season.
In this latest installment of the legendary film series, Ticket to Ride invites viewers to take part in an action-packed journey with the world’s best skiers and snowboarders. There are breath-taking performances from World Cup champions and Olympians Seth Wescott, Ted Ligety and Julia Mancuso, plus legendary ski mountaineers like Chris Davenport and freeskiers Colby James West and Sean Pettit.
These athletes put themselves at the top of the world’s steepest peaks in some truly incredible destinations, from Alaska and Montana’s Big Sky Country to the undercover winter playgrounds of Kazakhstan, Iceland and Greenland.
'Ticket to Ride' Trailer
Ski Club members can get 20% off tickets - enter promo code at the online checkout to receive your discount.
For more information on tour dates and to purchase tickets visit www.warrenmiller.co.uk.
The Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film Tour is sponsored by Ski Lake Tahoe, Virgin Holidays and The Independent.
For the Dundee showing you have to purchase your tickets directly with the Dundee Contemporary Arts centre. I showed membership cards and gave the promo code, but no discount :(
- Flow State trailer
- It's the 63rd Warren Miller film, heading to cinemas for the annual tour this autumn.
- Eye of the Storm - Chapter 1: Genesis
- In April 2010 French freeskier Thibaud Duhosal injured his knee in an accident that would take him a year to recover from. Chapter 1 of the series is the start of his journey back to the mountains.
- Freeride World Tour - Between the Lines - Episode 10: Fear
- The competitors on the Freeride World Tour talk about conquering their fears and them to perform on the mountain
- The Early Years of British Skiing
- An extract from the One Hundred DVD that traces 100 years of British skiing. This film concentrates on the early years with lots of old skiing footage.
related ski news
- Manchester snow is ploughed into bumps for the first ever European Indoor Moguls champs!
- Ski history was made in Britain this weekend as the Chill Factore, Manchester's indoor snow slope, hosted the first ever FIS European Indoor Moguls Championships
- Off-piste training - it's all about having even more fun!
- Perhaps you like the idea but lack the courage to ski away from the piste? Or maybe you do ski off-piste but suspect you could be safer? Or you know the essentials but are ready to take it to the next...
- Ski hosting and instructing in France: what's happening?
- It's been a difficult few years for British ski hosts and instructors in France. The situation is complicated, far from settled, and it affects the Ski Club too. Here's your comprehensive briefing on...
- The best goggles imaginable: whiteout-busting chocolate dispensers and other inventions
- The best and worst of your suggestions for the goggle features of the future...