Just over two weeks until the British Alpine Championships kick off in Tignes!
Not long now until the Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships in Tignes. The best British racers descend on the high alpine resort for a week of racing at the highest level.
The biggest event of the British ski racing calendar - The Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships - return to the high profile French ski resort of Tignes for the third year in a row, on the 25th March to 7th April 2017.
Attracting the best British ski racing talent across all age groups, around 500 competitors will battle it out for the British Championships honours. If you think you have what it takes, there is still time to enter this prestigious event! Sign up here.
The Senior and Junior Championships, which will feature the top names of British skiing such as Dave Ryding, Alex Tilley, Charlie Guest and Cara Brown, plus rising Alpine stars including Iain Innes and Yasmin Cooper, will take place from 25th March to 2nd April 2017.
As ever the Delancey Children’s National Championships promises to deliver on action too. Following the Senior and Junior Champs, running run from 3rd to 7th April, the future stars of British alpine skiing go head to head in all age groups from Under 10s up to Under 16s.
Jamie Ritblat, Chairman & CEO of Delancey, commented:
“As Principal Sponsor of British Ski and Snowboard, Delancey’s continued support is aimed to help scout, nurture and develop the best of Britain’s snowsport talent from grassroots to the elite. As well as supporting the overarching ambition to produce Olympic medal winning athletes, we are delighted to provide our Alpine athletes with their own British Championships. The Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships 2017 will be the seventh consecutive Delancey Championships and we are very much looking forward to returning to Tignes to see our talent in action on the slopes.”
Dave Edwards, Chief Executive of British Ski and Snowboard, said:
“We are excited to be back in Tignes for the 2017 Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships. We are also, once again, hugely grateful for the support of Sir John and Jamie Ritblat, and Delancey as principal sponsor of British Ski and Snowboard and the Championships. They ensure we can deliver the best event possible, attracting all the top British skiers and making for a fun and competitive Championships.”
The Ski Club is proud to support such a fantastic event right at the heart of the British ski scene. If you’re in Tignes, keep an eye out for those blue Ski Club jackets!
For all the information on the Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships visit www.teambss.org.uk. You can also follow the Championships on Twitter via @TeamBSS
related ski news
- Last Call from Freshtracks
- With only a couple of holidays left this season, the time is now to book with Freshtracks. The snow is still falling!
- The Brits 2017 - Day 3 and 4
- The penultimate and final days of the competition saw skiers and snowboarders battle it out for the national Big Air and Superpipe titles.
- Last Chance to Book With Freshtracks
- If you're after some late season powder your options are becoming more and more limited. Not only is the snow disappearing, but the beds are too! We let you know the latest availability figures for...
- The Brits 2017 - Day 1 and 2
- The British freeski and snowboard championships sees what feels like the epitome of the indoors scene transported to Laax, Switzerland for a four day competition.