Just over two weeks until the British Alpine Championships kick off in Tignes!
Not long now until the Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships in Tignes. The best British racers descend on the high alpine resort for a week of racing at the highest level.
The biggest event of the British ski racing calendar - The Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships - return to the high profile French ski resort of Tignes for the third year in a row, on the 25th March to 7th April 2017.
Attracting the best British ski racing talent across all age groups, around 500 competitors will battle it out for the British Championships honours. If you think you have what it takes, there is still time to enter this prestigious event! Sign up here.
The Senior and Junior Championships, which will feature the top names of British skiing such as Dave Ryding, Alex Tilley, Charlie Guest and Cara Brown, plus rising Alpine stars including Iain Innes and Yasmin Cooper, will take place from 25th March to 2nd April 2017.
As ever the Delancey Children’s National Championships promises to deliver on action too. Following the Senior and Junior Champs, running run from 3rd to 7th April, the future stars of British alpine skiing go head to head in all age groups from Under 10s up to Under 16s.
Jamie Ritblat, Chairman & CEO of Delancey, commented:
“As Principal Sponsor of British Ski and Snowboard, Delancey’s continued support is aimed to help scout, nurture and develop the best of Britain’s snowsport talent from grassroots to the elite. As well as supporting the overarching ambition to produce Olympic medal winning athletes, we are delighted to provide our Alpine athletes with their own British Championships. The Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships 2017 will be the seventh consecutive Delancey Championships and we are very much looking forward to returning to Tignes to see our talent in action on the slopes.”
Dave Edwards, Chief Executive of British Ski and Snowboard, said:
“We are excited to be back in Tignes for the 2017 Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships. We are also, once again, hugely grateful for the support of Sir John and Jamie Ritblat, and Delancey as principal sponsor of British Ski and Snowboard and the Championships. They ensure we can deliver the best event possible, attracting all the top British skiers and making for a fun and competitive Championships.”
The Ski Club is proud to support such a fantastic event right at the heart of the British ski scene. If you’re in Tignes, keep an eye out for those blue Ski Club jackets!
For all the information on the Delancey British National Alpine Ski Championships visit www.teambss.org.uk. You can also follow the Championships on Twitter via @TeamBSS
related ski news
- Squeeze a ski weekend in late this season with Ski Club Freshtracks
- Four-day weekend? Sounds like the perfect excuse for a cheeky ski weekender. The Freshtracks team give you the inside scoop.
- The Great British Ski Off
- Off the back of a great season Team GB now focus their attention away from the international circuit and point their tips towards domestic races. Joe takes us through two of the major dates coming up...
- British Ski and Snowboard announce bold new Olympic ambition
- With less than one year until the next Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, British Ski and Snowboard has set their sights high heading towards the event and beyond.
- 3 Free Peak Season Ski Club Essentials
- Utilise these 3 free ways in which the Ski Club can help enhance your holiday - all you need is a smartphone and access to the internet!