Become a leader
Becoming a Ski Club Leader is the perfect way to get more time on the slopes over a season and meet loads of fantastic people at the same time. The course itself is focussed on improving your technique, learning mountain safety, and leading a group, and is a great course to do in its own right. Ski Club Leaders ski all day, every day, taking our members to the best places on the mountain.
- Accommodation, food and lift pass:
- All Leaders are provided with accommodation on a half-board basis or a weekly food allowance and an area lift pass.
- Leaders are also covered by the Ski Club's highest level of insurance.
- Leaders are provided with a travel contribution that depends on the length of time spent leading and whether it is in Europe or North America.
- Other costs:
- Leaders are expected to fund any other costs themselves.
What's expected of a Ski Club Leader
- Ski/snowboard programme:
- Providing safe, varied and enjoyable recreational skiing/boarding programme for members of ALL STANDARDS (except complete beginners).
- Providing a social focus for members and potential members of the Club through the 6-day skiing/boarding programme and daily social hour.
- Ski Club membership:
- Promoting membership of the Club and recruiting new members wherever possible.
- Snow Reports:
- Reporting on the daily snow conditions for major UK websites, newspapers and TV.
- Completing necessary week admin duties.
- Ensuring a smooth hand-over with arriving/departing Leaders.
- Resort relations:
- Maintaining and improving excellent resort relations and ensuring that they understand the role of Ski Club Leaders - Tourist Office, tour operator staff, ski schools, bars, restaurants, hotels etc. Can sometimes be tricky and require a lot of diplomacy.
- Safety equipment:
- Managing and being responsible for Club safety equipment.
Does the following apply to you
This is a cut down list - View full list of criteria
- Ski/snowboard experience:
- You have skied/boarded regularly over the last three years and for at least 15 weeks in total.
- Ski/snowboard standard:
- You should be of a purple skiing/boarding standard on and off piste.
- References from Ski Club Leaders:
- You can provide two references from existing Ski Club Leaders
- Your character:
- You are sociable, outgoing, have a sense of humour and an unselfish attitude when leading groups of all levels, from intermediates to experts.
- You are a good organiser with self-discipline who is able to keep paperwork up to date and organise time efficiently.
- You can speak French, German, Italian or Spanish (this would be an added bonus but it's not essential).
- You are available as a Leader for a minimum of two consecutive weeks each winter season
- If this sounds like you, then you've come to the right place!
Things you should know
- Qualifying as a Ski Club Leader
- The application process
- Leading Ski Club Freshtracks holidays
- The Ski Club Leaders course
- Leading Ski Club members
How do I apply
If you have any queries about any of the above, please contact the Resort Operations department, either by telephone on: 020 8410 2039020 8410 2039 or by email to email@example.com.