Advanced Search use any combination to find matching resorts
Read all about some of the best ski resorts in the world in our ski resort features from Ski+board magazine.
You can receive Ski+board magazine to your door by joining the Ski Club - members receive Ski+board as part of their membership.
Choose a ski resort feature:
- Trentino - A vast region
- With two major ski circuits. Dolomiti Superski and Skirama.
- Adelboden - Switzerland at its best
- Isn't it time you paid a visit?
- Italy's Aosta Valley - in the heart of the Alps
- Soaring peaks, superb skiing, ancient castles, delicious food and local wine, as well as genuinely friendly locals - you've found the ultimate winter destination!
- On top of the world - in Tux-Finkenberg
- Ski the eternal snows of the Zillertal 3000 Ski and Glacier World!
- Stubai - Glacier gallivanting!
- How to have fun in the Stubai Valley: Austria's largest glaciated skiing valley
- Ski amade - Austria
- You can ski for ever in Austria's biggest network of exhilarating slopes - how can you go wrong with 25 resorts and 537 miles of runs? That's something like the distance between the Isle of Skye and Land's End!
- Bregenzerwald - Let's ski out west!
- No, not the American Rockies - but Austria's far west: Bregenzerwald in Vorarlberg. Bregenzerwald - in the most westerly part of Austria, in the state of Vorarlberg - is one of the country's most beautiful and little-known regions. Close to Lake Constance, the area is a neighbour of Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. And thanks to its location on the northern edge of the Alps, its diverse 22 villages are well-placed to enjoy exceptional amounts of snow. Between them they access a terrific variety of ski areas - some challenging, some more suitable for families. What's more, the various ski areas are all quite close to one another. They can all be skied with the one 3-Valley lift pass, which is also valid on the ski buses.
- Obergurgl - No snow? There was plenty where I was!
- Notes from my diary last winter: Who says there's no snow in the Alps? It's been piling up this week in the Otztal Valley, the home of two of Austria's highest and best-known resorts, Obergurgl and Solden. A foot or more fell by Wednesday, and according to one jubilant phone call I received after returning home to the UK, "it's still snowing!".
- Obertauern - Raring to go!
- Obertauern is all set for winter. Are you? On November 17, the first lifts will start up in Obertauern, Austria's skiing 'hotspot' at the highest altitude in Salzburgerland. And the whole ski area - just 56 miles from Salzburg, Mozart's city - should be up and running a week later. While other resorts may be longingly awaiting the first snow, skiers and snowboarders will have already found the best of winter conditions at the Tauern mountain pass. And that's the way it'll be for the next five months. Despite the cold, the 'snow bowl' of Obertauern is a hot place to be, with attractive package deals and a wealth of events and things to do.
- Breckenridge hits 50!
- British skiers' favourite resort starts celebrating. It all began on December 16, 1961. A Friday. Peak 8 opened with a solitary double chair and a beginners' T-bar. Now this celebrated Colorado ski area - a key player in Vail Resorts' pantheon of ski resorts - is getting ready to celebrate in style. It's already open, of course (on 11,11,11) but come its 50th birthday, it'll be party time - an even bigger celebration than last winter which bought a season "like never before" during which 'Breck' set a new record of 519 ins of snow