Advanced Search use any combination to find matching resorts
Spacious area by Finnish standards with snow-guns on most of its slopes.
80km south of the Arctic Circle, close to Kuusamo airport and the Russian border, in a region known for abundant and enduring snow. Lively, upbeat resort with a newly developed pedestrian village. Good but widely spread cabin lodging served by the ski bus. Slopes on two sides of a single low hill, with a mix of open and forest terrain, most floodlit and with snowmaking. None is particularly steep and the vertical very modest - but there is a new FIS racing piste. There's a terrain park and snowcross course. The cross-country scope is vast: 500km, of which 40km are floodlit.
- 14th Oct to 12th June: 0930-1900 (night skiing on Fridays)
tour operators in Ruka
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- The largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 140 catered chalets in superb...
- Travel Club Elite
- 6% discount for Ski Club members
- Travel Club Elite are an Awarding Wining Travel Agent. We are an ABTA member (82689) of 30 Years and...
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- A truly unique holiday destination, Finnish Lapland offers fantastic skiing opportunities with...
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- £50 discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...
Where to Ski and Snowboard 2016
Our ski resort guide is brought to you by 'Where to Ski and Snowboard', updated annually and available toBuy now