membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
10 Mar 2014 13:30
|A dusting of snow has improved the pistes|
|Last snowed||05 Mar 2014|
|Last 7 days||8cm|
|Next 9 days||4cm|
|Upper piste depth||262cm|
|Lower piste depth||262cm|
|Off piste snow||Fresh|
|Lifts open||6 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A light covering of new snow, mostly falling on Mon night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -3°C on Wed afternoon, min -10°C on Mon night). Winds decreasing (strong winds from the NW on Mon night, calm by Wed night).|
|Monday 10 March 2014
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
|Tuesday 11 March 2014|
2cm snow expected
-8°C max temp
|Wednesday 12 March 2014|
0cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
|Thursday 13 March 2014|
0cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
There was more fresh snow in Colorado over the weekend, continuing their already excellent season so far. Breckenridge (231cm) recently announced an extension to its winter season in light of how much snow they’ve received so far this season. They’ll now be open a week later than planned with a closing date of 27th April instead of 21st April. Conditions are excellent at the moment and with warmer weather on the way it should be a fantastic spring in Colorado.
Further east there was fresh snow too. Resorts such as Mount Snow (127/137cm) received around 5cm of fresh snow on Monday 10th March. The fresh snow means conditions are good and they have an impressive base depth, helping to ensure a great and long spring ski season.
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
ski accommodation in Alta
- Utah Travel Connection
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- UTAH TRAVEL CONNECTION is a USA's leading ski specialist offering customized Rocky Mountain...
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...