membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
23 Apr 2014 13:30
|Resort open for weekend skiing|
|Last snowed||23 Apr 2014|
|Last 7 days||10cm|
|Next 9 days||11cm|
|Upper piste depth||251cm|
|Lower piste depth||251cm|
|Off piste snow||Fresh|
|Lifts open||0 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of snow turning to light rain (total 3.0mm) on Fri afternoon. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 4°C on Fri morning, min -9°C on Wed morning). Winds increasing (light winds from the SW on Thu night, near gales from the SSW by Fri afternoon).|
|Wednesday 23 April 2014
Snowing lightly, refreshing pistes
|Wednesday 23 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
-5°C max temp
|Thursday 24 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
2°C max temp
|Friday 25 April 2014|
2cm snow expected
4°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Many American resorts closed on Monday 21st April after the Easter period passed. A handful of resorts remain open in Colorado, including Breckenridge (218cm). They’ve still got loads of snow and on Tuesday 22nd April they were running 13 of their 32 lifts. This is expected to be the final week of their season before closing before closing this weekend.
Mammoth (89/165cm) in California is still open too. It’s been a dry season for them but they’ve got good snow on their runs. They plan to stay open until the last weekend in May so there’s still another month to enjoy the skiing on offer at Mammoth.
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
ski accommodation in Alta
- Utah Travel Connection
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- UTAH TRAVEL CONNECTION is a USA's leading ski specialist offering customized Rocky Mountain...
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...