membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
26 Nov 2014 12:51
|Fresh snow providing some great skiing|
|Last snowed||25 Nov 2014|
|Last 7 days||89cm|
|Next 9 days||11cm|
|Upper piste depth||102cm|
|Lower piste depth||102cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||3 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Mostly dry. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 6°C on Thu afternoon, min -2°C on Wed morning). Mainly fresh winds.|
|Wednesday 26 November 2014
Cloudy and snowy again today
|Thursday 27 November 2014|
0cm snow expected
6°C max temp
|Friday 28 November 2014|
0cm snow expected
4°C max temp
|Saturday 29 November 2014|
1cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Excellent early season conditions were seen this weekend across the USA and some resorts were reporting huge snowfalls on Monday morning, 24th November.
The most snow is falling in Utah, with the linked resorts of Alta (99cm) and Snowbird (99cm) reporting 56cm and 46cm of fresh snow respectively. Park City (74cm) has not missed out either and has seen 28cm of dry powder fall in the second half of the weekend. The skies are forecast to clear by Tuesday 25th November, providing incredible skiing conditions for this time of year.
Colorado is also reporting lots of fresh snow to start the week. Aspen (33cm) and Vail (56cm) both opened this weekend with good on-piste conditions. New snow fell at both resorts on Sunday 23rd and another 20cm could fall at Aspen by Wednesday 26th, improving conditions further.
Both Heavenly (46cm) and Mammoth (36/46cm) are now open for the season although skiing is limited at both to a few slopes covered by artificial snow.
Last week’s new snow on the east coast provided excellent opening weekend skiing at Stowe (13/91cm) and Mount Snow (41/46cm). Unfortunately warmer weather has brought rain to all of our featured east coast resorts on Monday, but colder weather is forecast to return by Tuesday.
Most of our featured resorts, including Jackson Hole, Snowbasin and Telluride are scheduled to open this coming weekend.
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...