membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
30 Jan 2015 13:04
|A dusting of snow has improved the pistes|
|Last snowed||30 Jan 2015|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||19cm|
|Upper piste depth||160cm|
|Lower piste depth||160cm|
|Off piste snow||Fresh|
|Lifts open||6 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of new snow. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -2°C on Fri afternoon, min -6°C on Mon morning). Mainly fresh winds.|
|Friday 30 January 2015
Snowing lightly, refreshing pistes
|Saturday 31 January 2015|
0cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Sunday 01 February 2015|
0cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Monday 02 February 2015|
2cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
It has been a quiet week across western USA, with mild temperatures and mostly sunny skies dominating the weather patterns.
Some very good piste skiing is still on offer, especially on the upper slopes as lower down some softening followed by a refreeze has led to some packed conditions. A light dusting was picked up at Alta (163cm) and Snowbird (163cm) on Thursday morning and Snowbasin (132cm) caught a surprise 13cm overnight on Wednesday. The Ski Club Leader in Jackson Hole (195cm) reported 5cm of fresh snow on Wednesday, which with a strong wind led to some excellent windblown powder stashes on some favoured aspects.
California has finally seen some snowfall this week, although with a maximum of 10cm recorded at Squaw Valley (86cm) and 8cm at Heavenly (81cm), much more is needed for more terrain to open up. Unfortunately this does not appear to be forthcoming, at least in the next nine days.
The story could not be more different on the east coast, where winter storm Juno that dumped over half a metre on Boston, also dropped some good falls on the Appalachian resorts. Sunday River (76cm) caught the most, recording 45cm during the storm, resulting in some amazing powder conditions across the mountain. Killington (76cm) picked up 13cm and Sugarbush (183cm) added 15cm to its excellent base depth. Some more snow can be expected in the coming days, improving snow conditions even further.
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...