membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
29 Mar 2017 13:11
|Last snowed||29 Mar 2017|
|Last 7 days||70cm|
|Next 9 days||72cm|
|Upper piste depth||335cm|
|Lower piste depth||335cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||6 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Thu afternoon. Temperatures will be below freezing (max 0°C on Wed afternoon, min -8°C on Thu night). Winds increasing (light winds from the NNW on Wed morning, gales from the NE by Fri night).|
|Wednesday 29 March 2017
Predominantly sunny with cloudy spells
|Wednesday 29 March 2017|
2cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Thursday 30 March 2017|
31cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
|Friday 31 March 2017|
8cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Monday 27th March was a day of mostly mixed precipitation across America. Spring conditions are bringing spring storms to our featured resorts. On piste conditions still remain good however with soft forgiving and slushy snow to be found in abundance. Off-piste is becoming increasingly limited.
In the forecast cloudy stormy conditions a set to remain this week, some excellent snowfalls are expected in Colorado in the next 72 hours.
We spent nearly two weeks in Salt Lake City, skiing local resorts (Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude, Park City/Canyons, but Alta was my favourite). This is the first time we have skiied in North America and the powder has blown us away. While Utah has had a particularly good early season, I understand these snow conditions are pretty normal.
The pistes may not be as groomed as in most European resorts, or the rest of the USA (except Park City which is more typical of elsewhere), but that is only a plus. In these resorts you can ski just about anywhere, unless there is a cliff or other obstacle, so my off-piste and powder technique has come on tremendously. And at Alta, no borders are allowed, which means more powder for the rest of us! Bowls, whites, steeps, bumps and combinations of all; more than enough terrain, if you include Snowbird, to ski for a week and never go to the same tracks twice.
I cannot comment on resort accommodation because we stayed with friends in the Salt Lake City area, but mountain-side food is typically American (high on calories and huge in quantity) and bars generally only serve beer. Apres-ski is very limited if you stay in resort (except Park City). If you want to ski all the resorts, you can stay in Salt Lake City and take the train and transfer bus, or in the suburbs (eg: Sandy) and hire a 4-wheel drive vehicle. It probably won't cost you more than resort accommodation.
Lift passes are expensive; twice the price of Europe. Buy a “Ski City Super Pass” in advance on-line, covering Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude for significant discounts (x days from 7 or 14 means you can take days off without loss). You can ski Brighton and Solitude on one daily pass, but although Snowbird and Alta are linked you will use two days-worth if you go to both on the same day.
I will certainly be back.
member discounts in Alta
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...