membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
20 Nov 2014 13:11
|Resort not yet open|
|Last snowed||13 Nov 2014|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||9cm|
|Upper piste depth||38cm|
|Lower piste depth||38cm|
|Off piste snow||Limited|
|Lifts open||0 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Sat afternoon. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Sat morning, min -12°C on Sun morning). Winds decreasing (gales from the WNW on Sat afternoon, moderate winds from the NW by Mon afternoon).|
|Thursday 20 November 2014
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
|Sunday 23 November 2014|
4cm snow expected
-11°C max temp
|Monday 24 November 2014|
3cm snow expected
-10°C max temp
|Tuesday 25 November 2014|
0cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
The skiing is continuing to improve across the United States, with both east and west coast resorts receiving new snowfall this week. As a result more resorts have already opened and many more are due to open for the coming weekend.
More terrain has opened across Colorado following a week of excellent snowmaking conditions combined with last week’s heavy snowfall. Arapahoe Basin (46cm) has opened the Lenawee Face lift enabling top to bottom riding for the first time this season and Copper Mountain (66cm) had three lifts and four trails open on Thursday 20th November. Vail (46cm) will celebrate opening day on Friday 21st with live music and breakfast at the base of Gondola One and skiing across an impressive 540 acres.
Up to a foot of snow is forecast in Utah this weekend, providing Alta (38cm) with the chance of a powder-filled opening weekend. Mammoth Mountain (36/46cm) is currently our open resort in California, but is set to be joined this weekend by Heavenly (76cm).
On the east coast new snow has fallen this week and cold climates have resulted in good snowmaking conditions. On Thursday 20th November Killington (20/41cm) had three lifts open serving 16 runs, but this is set to increase over the weekend. More terrain is set to open at Sunday River (30cm) and both Stowe (15/61cm) and Smugglers’ Notch (45cm) are set to open for skiing on Saturday.
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...