membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
04 Mar 2015 13:12
|Last snowed||04 Mar 2015|
|Last 7 days||74cm|
|Next 9 days||0cm|
|Upper piste depth||229cm|
|Lower piste depth||229cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||6 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of new snow. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -3°C on Thu night, min -14°C on Tue night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Wednesday 04 March 2015
A mixture of sun, cloud and snow showers
|Wednesday 04 March 2015|
0cm snow expected
-10°C max temp
|Thursday 05 March 2015|
0cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
|Friday 06 March 2015|
0cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
It has been a very snowy weekend across Utah and Colorado, with the heaviest falls towards the south of Colorado. All of our featured resorts have picked up new snow, leading to some fantastic conditions all over the mountain. The snowiest spots include Telluride (190cm), with 68cm in the past two days, Crested Butte (155cm) with 55cm and Aspen (201cm) with 41cm. Over the border in New Mexico, Taos (216cm) tops them all, having received 112cm in the past five days alone. The powder is great and more snow is in the forecast before the sun breaks through on Wednesday and remains in place throughout the week.
California finally saw a good drop of snow over the weekend, improving the ski conditions across the state. More is needed however as the base is well down on average, but the improvement is noticeable. Mammoth (107cm) and Heavenly (99cm) both saw 30cm of new snow over the weekend, but were topped by Squaw Valley (97cm) which recorded 80cm of new snow on the upper mountain. Sunny skies are now predicted for the week ahead with rising temperatures, so get out there as soon as possible to enjoy the new snow!
Again the east coast shivered this weekend, with the very cold air refusing to shift from the region. Some light falls of new snow were picked up on Monday morning, with resorts such as Killington (76cm) and Mount Snow (94cm) seeing between 3 and 8cm of fresh snow. The piste conditions across all resorts are fantastic and with the new snow landing, some fresh off piste turns can be found. The forecasts show no signs of the cold weather letting up, with mostly cloudy skies expected over the coming week, possibly accompanied by some light snowfall (up to 10cm).
Just returned from a week in Alta (over new year). Such an amazing resort. Snow was great and it snowed most nights meaning piste, and off piste conditions were superb. The hotels are all fine and the locals are the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet. Alta's skiing is linked to nearby Snowbirds meaning there is a huge ski area. People of any ability would be able to ski there for years and not get bored! I highly recommend Alta for superb hotels and fantastic skiing. Its a great place for any ability.
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Alta
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...