membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
20 Feb 2017 13:22
|Hard base, light dusting of fresh snow|
|Last snowed||20 Feb 2017|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||118cm|
|Upper piste depth||210cm|
|Lower piste depth||210cm|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||15 out of 15|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Thu morning. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Tue afternoon, min -12°C on Thu afternoon). Winds increasing (light winds from the S on Mon night, fresh winds from the WSW by Wed afternoon).|
|Monday 20 February 2017
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
|Tuesday 21 February 2017|
2cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
|Wednesday 22 February 2017|
4cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Thursday 23 February 2017|
16cm snow expected
-11°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Monday 20th February was broadly speaking a powder day in America. Very heavy snowfalls today across many of our featured American resorts, Squaw Valley (271/520cm) is expecting just under one metre today, Mammoth Mountain (477/889cm) forecast to receive another 75cm dump today also. Jackson Hole (231/342cm) is starting today with another 35cm of fresh after just over half a metre in the past few days. Elsewhere a number of resorts are reporting no less then 20cm in the past 24 hours. It’s yet another sensational report for the American ski fields.
In the forecast this week. Snow, lots of it and pretty well everywhere. It is going to be another stormy snowy week. Once again America is one of the best places on earth the ski and board.
This is a great place to ski. But the nightlife is not so hot.
The transfer time is a killer 5 hours. Gunison airport needs to get on board and take international flights then I would go again!
tour operators in Crested Butte
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- The largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 140 catered chalets in superb...
member discounts in Crested Butte
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...