membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
20 Jan 2017 13:22
|Fantastic skiing on piste|
|Last snowed||20 Jan 2017|
|Last 7 days||12cm|
|Next 9 days||57cm|
|Upper piste depth||205cm|
|Lower piste depth||205cm|
|Off piste snow||Tracked|
|Lifts open||15 out of 15|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Mon afternoon. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -6°C on Sun night, min -18°C on Tue morning). Winds increasing (light winds from the WSW on Sun afternoon, strong winds from the WSW by Mon morning).|
|Friday 20 January 2017
Snow expected later today
|Sunday 22 January 2017|
16cm snow expected
-10°C max temp
|Monday 23 January 2017|
29cm snow expected
-7°C max temp
|Tuesday 24 January 2017|
5cm snow expected
-15°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
It was another day of excellent albeit varied conditions in America this Thursday 19th January. Once again it is very hard to pick a resort as being outstanding as everywhere is offering fantastic skiing. In the West snow is expected every day in California, Utah, Nevada and Colorado. Even in north west Montana snow is expected all week. In shocking news Mammoth (355/683cm) is expecting another two metres of snow in the next six days. In the east cloudy snow conditions will continue, some rain is possible at Smuggler’s Notch (50/86cm) but conditions are still excellent currently.
The outlook is for more snow for the USA, the excellent season continues.
This is a great place to ski. But the nightlife is not so hot.
The transfer time is a killer 5 hours. Gunison airport needs to get on board and take international flights then I would go again!
tour operators in Crested Butte
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- The largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 140 catered chalets in superb...
member discounts in Crested Butte
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...