membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
23 Feb 2017 13:22
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||19 Feb 2017|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||22cm|
|Upper piste depth||70cm|
|Lower piste depth||45cm|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||35 out of 37|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Fri morning. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 6°C on Sun afternoon, min -6°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 23 February 2017
Hazy sunshine, some clouds
|Friday 24 February 2017|
11cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Saturday 25 February 2017|
0cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Sunday 26 February 2017|
0cm snow expected
6°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Thursday 23rd was a largely sunny day across our featured Austrian resorts. Temperatures ranged from around freezing level at higher glacial resorts such as Hintertux (70/180cm), right up to about +10C for resorts in the Ski Welt (50/60cm) such as Ellmau, Hopfgarten, Scheffau and Soll.
Towards the Obergurl region the slopes remain in a good state. Upper runs at Pitzal (159/196cm) and Kaunertal (36/270cm) are packed and well groomed which was creating some lovely on piste conditions for carving turns.
In contrast many other resorts are experiencing some searly spring conditions due to the pistes softening in the strong sun. Notable examples of this can be seen at Kirchberg (69/81cm) and Kitzbuhel (69/71cm), so be sure to head out early for some of the best skiing.
Only a couple of resorts at present could really do with some fresh snow to improve the state of affairs. In the east at Bad Kleinkirchheim (25/45cm) the slopes are largely artificial and are now appearing as strips of snow on an otherwise bare mountain. Whilst in the west, the lower runs at Brand (10/100cm) are also made largely from snow cannons. For the best skiing at both of these resorts, stick to the runs at a higher elevation.
Friday 24th is likely to bring the next snowfall to Austria, with accumulations predicted to be around 10-20cm in most resorts. Saturday 25th is then predicted to be a day of clear skies with some clouds then rolling in on Sunday.
tour operators in Fugen
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Line is an independent ABTA travel agent specialising in ski holidays and in particular catered...
member discounts in Fugen
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...