membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
04 Mar 2015 13:12
|Pockets of fresh powder can be found off piste|
|Last snowed||03 Mar 2015|
|Last 7 days||10cm|
|Next 9 days||16cm|
|Upper piste depth||115cm|
|Lower piste depth||55cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||33 out of 36|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Thu afternoon. Temperatures will be below freezing (max 0°C on Sat morning, min -7°C on Wed night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Wednesday 04 March 2015
Cloudy and snowy today
|Thursday 05 March 2015|
16cm snow expected
-5°C max temp
|Friday 06 March 2015|
0cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
|Saturday 07 March 2015|
0cm snow expected
1°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
We are approaching spring time in the Alps and mild temperatures are starting to be seen, which is making the lower slopes a little heavy. The mild conditions have also brought light rainfall at lower altitudes but light snowfall is being reported higher up.
Despite the rain fall, some of our featured resorts weren’t really affected too much by the mild climate. On Monday 2nd March Solden (5/320cm) reported powdery conditions and plenty of fresh snowfall, with up to 15cm landing on the ski area. So the pistes have been refreshed and the off piste areas have plenty of pockets of fresh powder. The slopes are heavier when you head towards the resort but the majority for the ski area is still in a very good state. The lift network was affected on Monday due to high winds, with 13 lifts closed leaving a total of 20 lifts in operation.
Over the next few days we can expect similar conditions which should provide plenty of fresh snow for the new week, especially as temperatures drop during the week.
member discounts in Fugen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...