membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
11 May 2015 11:37
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||23cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Upper pistes||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 9|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Heavy rain (total 40.0mm), heaviest during Mon night. Later becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Tue night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 7°C on Mon afternoon, min -1°C on Tue night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Monday 11 May 2015|
|Monday 25 May 2015|
0cm snow expected
7°C max temp
|Tuesday 26 May 2015|
2cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Wednesday 27 May 2015|
0cm snow expected
5°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
At the start of the week it was quite sunny across Austria but the clouds began to thicken, which eventually brought fresh snow on Wednesday 20th May to all of our featured resorts. Furthermore it continued to snow right into Thursday 21st May. All of our featured resorts received at least 10cm of fresh snow, providing fresh pistes and powder pockets off the piste. The Molltal Glacier still remains closed on a temporary basis but we will keep you updated with its progress.
The pick of the bunch has to the Stubai Glacier (260cm) as it reported a powder alarm, which indicated up to 45cm of fresh snow had landed, and it continued to fall right through Thursday. As expected, the majority of the lifts were closed due to heavy snowfall but 10 of the 26 were in operation. The new snow has provided plenty of powder both on and off the piste, so when bashed, the slopes will be in a fantastic state and there will also be fresh tracks waiting just off the slopes.
The current spell of cloudy weather is expected to remain over the weekend, which could bring more snow but the temperature is forecast to increase slightly so it may turn to rain lower down but lighter snow fall may still be present at higher altitude.
I wanted to make use of the excellent mountain installation at Ischgl, without joining the high octane partying.
Imfound a lovely B&B near the ski bus stop and the village centre. 20 mins to lifts in Ischgl, 5 mins to Galtur's own slopes.
Galtur is lovely: small, quiet, friendly and cheap. Its home slopes are not extensive but provide a great day out and would be perfect for children and beginners.
There are bars in Galtur, but really you go there to be peaceful. You want to party? Stay in Ischgl.
The skiing at Ischgl is superb; other areas should invest so well.
tour operators in Galtur
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 80 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 91 resorts in 9 countries, Inghams offer...
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- £100 discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...