membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
01 Apr 2015 13:33
|Very good piste conditions, best at top|
|Last snowed||01 Apr 2015|
|Last 7 days||44cm|
|Next 9 days||133cm|
|Upper piste depth||125cm|
|Lower piste depth||50cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||7 out of 9|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Thu night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Fri afternoon, min -10°C on Thu night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Wednesday 01 April 2015
|Wednesday 01 April 2015|
41cm snow expected
-7°C max temp
|Thursday 02 April 2015|
25cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Friday 03 April 2015|
2cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
The current weather pattern of snow up high and rain below has altered the piste conditions significantly, with the uppermost slopes in a powdery state and the lower runs being wet and quite heavy.
Naturally, the glacial resorts are having an excellent day with regards to snowfall as all of our featured glacier resorts are reporting heavy snowfall and powdery conditions. Pitztal (226/309cm) has so far reported up to 14cm in the last 24 hours and it looks set to continue throughout the week.
In central Austria, the resort of Kuhtai (90/115cm) enjoyed plenty of fresh snow on Monday 30th March with around 15cm being reported. All 12 lifts were in operation for the new guests that arrived at the weekend, perfect timing and it looks as though it will continue to snow throughout the week.
We have seen our first season closure in Austria; we bid a fond farewell to St Wolfgang who has now closed its gates for the winter ski season.
As mentioned before, the snow is expected to continue to drop over the course of this new week. Our forecasts are indicating lighter snowfall up until Thursday, when it is expected to increase significantly. It should remain quite cold too, so fingers crossed and all boxes are ticked for fresh pistes and pockets of fresh powder.
I wanted to make use of the excellent mountain installation at Ischgl, without joining the high octane partying.
Imfound a lovely B&B near the ski bus stop and the village centre. 20 mins to lifts in Ischgl, 5 mins to Galtur's own slopes.
Galtur is lovely: small, quiet, friendly and cheap. Its home slopes are not extensive but provide a great day out and would be perfect for children and beginners.
There are bars in Galtur, but really you go there to be peaceful. You want to party? Stay in Ischgl.
The skiing at Ischgl is superb; other areas should invest so well.
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
tour operators in Galtur
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 80 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 91 resorts in 9 countries, Inghams offer...