membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
11 May 2015 11:37
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||0cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Upper pistes||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 9|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Heavy rain (total 37.0mm), heaviest during Mon night. Warm (max 23°C on Sun afternoon, min 14°C on Mon night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Monday 11 May 2015|
|Saturday 04 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
21°C max temp
|Sunday 05 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
23°C max temp
|Monday 06 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
19°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
The heatwave that has hit the UK has also hit the Austrian Alps, with temperatures hitting 20C at our glacier resorts and freezing levels rising to almost 5,000m. That being said, some decent skiing is on offer although head up early for the best conditions as the strong sunshine is melting the snow rapidly during the day.
Friday 3rd July represents the last day of lift served skiing on the Stubai (0/200cm) glacier before the area closes to facilitate the construction of the new Eisgrat Gondola.
For the best skiing head to the Hintertux (0/220cm) glacier where 21km of pistes were in operation and it was still possible to ski back to the Tuxer Ferner Haus at 2,660m.
Both the Molltal (0/290cm) and Dachstein (0/262cm) glaciers continued to offer some decent skiing on their small glacier ski areas. Again head up early for the best conditions.
I wanted to make use of the excellent mountain installation at Ischgl, without joining the high octane partying.
Imfound a lovely B&B near the ski bus stop and the village centre. 20 mins to lifts in Ischgl, 5 mins to Galtur's own slopes.
Galtur is lovely: small, quiet, friendly and cheap. Its home slopes are not extensive but provide a great day out and would be perfect for children and beginners.
There are bars in Galtur, but really you go there to be peaceful. You want to party? Stay in Ischgl.
The skiing at Ischgl is superb; other areas should invest so well.
tour operators in Galtur
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 80 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 91 resorts in 9 countries, Inghams offer...
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- £100 discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...