membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
27 Apr 2015 12:25
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||26cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Upper pistes||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 9|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Moderate rain (total 18.0mm) on Mon night. Becoming colder with heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Wed night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 5°C on Mon night, min -3°C on Tue night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Monday 27 April 2015|
|Tuesday 28 April 2015|
10cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Wednesday 29 April 2015|
8cm snow expected
5°C max temp
|Thursday 30 April 2015|
6cm snow expected
3°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
We have seen more of our featured Austrian resorts close over the weekend, with St Anton and Lech/Zurs closing their lifts and Solden reducing its skiing to just the glacial area only. Kitzbuhel (45/84cm) is still open but skiing is very limited with only 1 main slope open. Obergurgl has also concluded its ski season, which now only leaves our featured glacier resorts open for snow sports.
Good skiing can be found at high altitude and the Hintertux (15/230cm) is one of our featured resorts offering said skiing. There was even fresh snow on Monday 27th April with a light flurry scattered across the area, it wasn’t much but it was enough to freshen up the slopes. 12 lifts were also turning but it was quite cloudy as a result of the light snow, yet riding conditions were quite good.
I wanted to make use of the excellent mountain installation at Ischgl, without joining the high octane partying.
Imfound a lovely B&B near the ski bus stop and the village centre. 20 mins to lifts in Ischgl, 5 mins to Galtur's own slopes.
Galtur is lovely: small, quiet, friendly and cheap. Its home slopes are not extensive but provide a great day out and would be perfect for children and beginners.
There are bars in Galtur, but really you go there to be peaceful. You want to party? Stay in Ischgl.
The skiing at Ischgl is superb; other areas should invest so well.
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
tour operators in Galtur
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 80 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 91 resorts in 9 countries, Inghams offer...