membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
27 Feb 2015 12:33
|Great skiing thanks to the recent snowfalls|
|Last snowed||24 Feb 2015|
|Last 7 days||15cm|
|Next 9 days||149cm|
|Upper piste depth||85cm|
|Lower piste depth||65cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||8 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Sun night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 1°C on Sun morning, min -7°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 27 February 2015
Snowing lightly, refreshing pistes
|Friday 27 February 2015|
13cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
|Saturday 28 February 2015|
2cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
|Sunday 01 March 2015|
12cm snow expected
1°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
It’s a great week to be in Austria as fresh snow fell in all of our featured resorts in the past 48 hours. All resorts are either reporting powdery or fresh conditions but rest assured, there are fresh pistes and pockets of fresh powder on offer.
By far the most recorded snow came around the Salzberg region with Kaprun (100/310cm) and Zell am See (15/123cm) reporting excellent conditions, particularly at the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier where around 40cm was reported to have settled. This has brought fresh powder off the track and fresh pistes, which have been packed down and groomed to perfection. Zell am See and Kaprun had all of their lifts turning, with a total of 47 to get you around the mountains.
We’re expecting more clouds to form this weekend which could bring fresh snow to many parts of Austria. It has been quite changeable recently so do keep an eye on local forecasts but most of all get out there and enjoy the excellent conditions.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...