membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
30 Jan 2015 13:04
|Great skiing thanks to the recent snowfalls|
|Last snowed||30 Jan 2015|
|Last 7 days||50cm|
|Next 9 days||19cm|
|Upper piste depth||85cm|
|Lower piste depth||65cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||8 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Sun morning. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -8°C on Sat morning, min -13°C on Sun night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 30 January 2015
Cloudy and snowy today
|Saturday 31 January 2015|
2cm snow expected
-8°C max temp
|Sunday 01 February 2015|
4cm snow expected
-10°C max temp
|Monday 02 February 2015|
0cm snow expected
-10°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Austria has enjoyed a week full of fresh snowfall with all of our featured resorts reporting powdery conditions and increases in overall base depths. It continued to snow on Thursday 29th January with cold temperatures, just in time for the approaching weekend.
The Ski Welt region, including Soll (60/80cm), Westendorf (60/80cm), Ellmau (60/80cm), Hopfgarten (60/80cm) and Scheffau (60/80cm), enjoyed fresh snow throughout the week and more snow fell on Thursday with up to 10cm reported in the morning.
The Amade region, including resorts such as Bad Gastein (125/240cm), Bad Hofgastein (25/95cm), Flachau (80/190cm) and Wagrain (50/115cm) have all seen fresh snow this week with up 20cm being reported on Wednesday and it continued to drop on Thursday too. Overall temperatures remain below freezing, keeping the pistes in an excellent state and there is plenty of fresh powder off the piste.
There’s more cloud and snow just around the corner as the weekend approaches. It’s going to be quite a cold one too so wrap up warm and consider taking a low light lens if possible.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...