membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
06 Dec 2013 13:30
|A dusting of snow has improved the pistes|
|Last snowed||06 Dec 2013|
|Last 7 days||10cm|
|Next 9 days||3cm|
|Upper piste depth||54cm|
|Lower piste depth||36cm|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||5 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of new snow. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Sun morning, min -10°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 06 December 2013
|Friday 06 December 2013|
3cm snow expected
-7°C max temp
|Saturday 07 December 2013|
0cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
|Sunday 08 December 2013|
0cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Most of our featured Austrian resorts experienced a warm and sunny week but good early-season snowfall means more will open early this weekend.
St. Anton (10cm/50cm) will kick off the new season on Friday 6th December along with nearby Lech (30cm/40cm) and Zurs (30cm/40cm). There has been no new snow in the Arlberg ski area but each resorts should offer good on-piste conditions.
Serfaus (10cm/55cm) and Fiss (10cm/55cm) will also start operations on Friday 6th December and are expected to have 31 lifts and 85km of pistes available.
Despite a mostly sunny week there are still excellent early season conditions at our featured glacial resorts. Solden (10cm/142cm) now has top to bottom skiing on offer and there is a strong base and good on-piste conditions at Kaunertal (0cm/272cm).
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...