membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
24 Apr 2014 13:30
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||4cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Piste quality||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Heavy rain (total 34.0mm), heaviest during Sun afternoon. Later becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Sun night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 9°C on Fri afternoon, min 0°C on Sun night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 24 April 2014|
|Friday 25 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
9°C max temp
|Saturday 26 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
9°C max temp
|Sunday 27 April 2014|
4cm snow expected
2°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Some excellent skiing conditions are available at the remaining open Austrian ski resorts. It is mostly the high altitude resorts that remain open and due to their height the snow is still well preserved.
Kuhtai (60/90cm) is Austria’s highest skiing town and although it does not have the deepest base depths in Austria the skiing is excellent this week. Make the most of it though as they close for the season on Sunday 27th April.
Good skiing can still be enjoyed in the Arlberg ski area, especially on the upper slopes. This is the last week of the season for this area too.
Cloudy weather is forecast over the weekend and into next week. This is expected to bring rain to many locations, but snow could land higher up. Kaunertal (305/343cm) and Pitztal (239/322cm) are forecast the most snow, with over 60cm predicted to land at mid-mountain level by the end of next week.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...