membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
11 May 2015 11:37
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||23cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Upper pistes||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A light covering of new snow, mostly falling on Fri night. Becoming milder with moderate rain (total 17.0mm) heaviest on Sat night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 7°C on Sun afternoon, min 0°C on Fri morning). Wind will be generally light.|
|Monday 11 May 2015|
|Friday 22 May 2015|
4cm snow expected
2°C max temp
|Saturday 23 May 2015|
1cm snow expected
4°C max temp
|Sunday 24 May 2015|
0cm snow expected
7°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
At the start of the week it was quite sunny across Austria but the clouds began to thicken, which eventually brought fresh snow on Wednesday 20th May to all of our featured resorts. Furthermore it continued to snow right into Thursday 21st May. All of our featured resorts received at least 10cm of fresh snow, providing fresh pistes and powder pockets off the piste. The Molltal Glacier still remains closed on a temporary basis but we will keep you updated with its progress.
The pick of the bunch has to the Stubai Glacier (260cm) as it reported a powder alarm, which indicated up to 45cm of fresh snow had landed, and it continued to fall right through Thursday. As expected, the majority of the lifts were closed due to heavy snowfall but 10 of the 26 were in operation. The new snow has provided plenty of powder both on and off the piste, so when bashed, the slopes will be in a fantastic state and there will also be fresh tracks waiting just off the slopes.
The current spell of cloudy weather is expected to remain over the weekend, which could bring more snow but the temperature is forecast to increase slightly so it may turn to rain lower down but lighter snow fall may still be present at higher altitude.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...