membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
11 May 2015 11:37
|Resort is closed for the season|
|Last snowed||No report|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||0cm|
|Upper piste depth||0cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Upper pistes||No report|
|Resort runs||No report|
|Off piste snow||No report|
|Lifts open||0 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Heavy rain (total 22.0mm), heaviest during Mon night. Warm (max 24°C on Sun afternoon, min 13°C on Mon night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Monday 11 May 2015|
|Sunday 05 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
24°C max temp
|Monday 06 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
20°C max temp
|Tuesday 07 July 2015|
0cm snow expected
23°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
The heatwave that has hit the UK has also hit the Austrian Alps, with temperatures hitting 20C at our glacier resorts and freezing levels rising to almost 5,000m. That being said, some decent skiing is on offer although head up early for the best conditions as the strong sunshine is melting the snow rapidly during the day.
Friday 3rd July represents the last day of lift served skiing on the Stubai (0/200cm) glacier before the area closes to facilitate the construction of the new Eisgrat Gondola.
For the best skiing head to the Hintertux (0/220cm) glacier where 21km of pistes were in operation and it was still possible to ski back to the Tuxer Ferner Haus at 2,660m.
Both the Molltal (0/290cm) and Dachstein (0/262cm) glaciers continued to offer some decent skiing on their small glacier ski areas. Again head up early for the best conditions.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...