membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
19 Dec 2014 13:13
|Limited skiing due to the lack of snow|
|Last snowed||17 Dec 2014|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||10cm|
|Upper piste depth||25cm|
|Lower piste depth||2cm|
|Off piste snow||Limited|
|Lifts open||2 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of new snow. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 5°C on Fri morning, min -6°C on Sat night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 19 December 2014
Predominantly sunny with cloudy spells
|Friday 19 December 2014|
3cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Saturday 20 December 2014|
1cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Sunday 21 December 2014|
0cm snow expected
0°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
There was an abundance of cloud seen across Austria on Thursday 18th December with some resorts reporting light rainfall lower down and light snowfall at high altitude. The temperature in Austria has risen with some mid-mountain levels being reported at 6C, this has unfortunately hindered some snowmaking for resort runs but pistes remain in a better state higher up.
Despite the poor weather there are still good riding conditions particularly on the higher resorts and glaciers. Solden (0/190cm) has plenty of options at high altitude, although the resort runs are closed there were 24 lifts running in total on Thursday. A recent snowfall of around 5cm on Wednesday has bolstered the high altitude runs and resort teams are reporting good, groomed pistes as a result.
The current warm weather is expected to subside and drop back down to below freezing, and the weekend’s forecast is indicating cloudy skies on Saturday with a good chance of fresh snow to all of our featured resorts. Some resorts are expecting up to 8cm. It could get much warmer at the start of the week but come Christmas time the temperature is looking like dropping back down again.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...