membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
05 Feb 2016 13:28
|Improving conditions thanks to the new snow|
|Last snowed||05 Feb 2016|
|Last 7 days||23cm|
|Next 9 days||126cm|
|Upper piste depth||130cm|
|Lower piste depth||90cm|
|Off piste snow||Fresh|
|Lifts open||8 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Tue night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 1°C on Sun morning, min -10°C on Tue night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 05 February 2016
Changeable weather today
|Sunday 07 February 2016|
16cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Monday 08 February 2016|
4cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Tuesday 09 February 2016|
33cm snow expected
0°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Snow was falling across much of Austria on Thursday 4th February, with improving conditions across the majority of our featured resorts. With the freezing level sitting at around 800m, snow was falling all the way down to village level in most regions.
The biggest gains look to be made in the west of the country, particularly resorts located in the Arlberg region. Lech (115/130cm) and Zurs (115/130cm) saw around 30cm of snow on the ground on Thursday morning, with more set to fall throughout the day. This should ensure that there are plenty of fresh turns to be had both on and off the piste.
The glacier resorts of Stubai (30/160cm) and Pitztal (141/201cm) saw some good snowfall, with around 15cm of fresh snow falling on the upper mountain overnight. As a result there is some excellent skiing to be had in both resorts currently.
Elsewhere, overnight totals of around 10cm were present in the majority of resorts, with more expected throughout the course of the day. As a result, base depths have seen improvements across both the upper and lower mountain. Lift operations on the upper mountains have been affected as a result of the poor visibility and avalanche risk.
The snow will continue to fall throughout the rest of Thursday and into much of Friday morning. The sun will make an appearance on Friday afternoon and continue over much of the weekend. Clouds will begin to roll in once more from Sunday morning, with snow expected to fall on the upper mountain during the afternoon. Temperatures will remain around freezing for the duration.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
member discounts in Gargellen
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...