membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
27 Mar 2015 13:13
|Fresh snow on upper slopes|
|Last snowed||27 Mar 2015|
|Last 7 days||7cm|
|Next 9 days||149cm|
|Upper piste depth||100cm|
|Lower piste depth||45cm|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||8 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Light rain (total 2.0mm) on Sun morning. Becoming colder with heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Mon night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 2°C on Sun morning, min -1°C on Sat night). Winds increasing (calm on Sat night, fresh winds from the WNW by Tue afternoon).|
|Friday 27 March 2015
Snowing lightly, refreshing pistes
|Sunday 29 March 2015|
22cm snow expected
2°C max temp
|Monday 30 March 2015|
53cm snow expected
1°C max temp
|Tuesday 31 March 2015|
17cm snow expected
1°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
The mild temperatures have unfortunately brought rain to lower regions and resort runs, which has started to affect the snow conditions. Despite the rain, there have been traces of fresh snow at higher altitudes, which has freshened up the pistes a little.
The glacial resorts have seen light snowfall of varying amounts. Kaunertal (233/335cm) probably received the most snow with approximately 10cm being reported. The skiing conditions were very good but the weather was more on the negative side as the clouds were thick and visibility was quite poor. As a result of the weather conditions, some lifts were closed so 12 of the 16 were in operation.
The warm climate and rain has reduced some skiing capabilities in some resorts, St Wolfgang (0/37cm) being one of them. You can still enjoy good skiing here if you stick to groomed pistes but anywhere off the piste will be patchy or grassland by now.
The widespread cloud is forecast to stay around for another day but it should brighten up on Saturday, which should bring spring time skiing conditions too. Heavier snow and sadly rain lower down is currently forecast for Sunday and into next week.
Gargellen is a wonderful resort. I speak as a beginner married to a skier of 20 years experience. I started last year at 60 my husband is 70 this year and it provides us with everything we could want. There is an excellent ski school that caters for both of us - he being taken off piste and challenged constantly and me being taught by some wonderful instructors instilling knowledge and confidence.
It is not a large village, we stayed at the Bradabella Hotel which is warm, welcoming and offers first class service. If learning to ski later in life, I would recommend this resort to anyone, and apparently the off piste is extensive despite it being a compact resort. Maybe one day I will be able to comment on this through personal experience!
- CatchUp - the new way to meet other Ski Club members
- Designed to help you connect with other Club members, chat, and arrange to ski together.
member discounts in Gargellen
- 50% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...