membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
30 Nov 2015 13:08
|Great conditions for this time of year|
|Last snowed||26 Nov 2015|
|Last 7 days||26cm|
|Next 9 days||1cm|
|Upper piste depth||122cm|
|Lower piste depth||61cm|
|Off piste snow||Tracked|
|Lifts open||15 out of 28|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Mostly dry. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 4°C on Tue night, min -5°C on Thu afternoon). Winds increasing (calm on Mon night, strong winds from the SSW by Thu afternoon).|
|Monday 30 November 2015
Lovely weather, perfect ski day
|Tuesday 01 December 2015|
0cm snow expected
2°C max temp
|Wednesday 02 December 2015|
0cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Thursday 03 December 2015|
1cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Monday 30th November was a real powder day across part of Colorado, with upwards of 20cm falling in places on Sunday night, 29th November, to go with similar totals on Saturday night, 28th November. Then biggest benefactors were Vail (79cm) and Beaver Creek (79cm) where upwards of 35cm has fallen over the weekend. Keystone (69cm) has also seen some decent snowfall over the weekend, picking up 15cm since Saturday – providing powder conditions across the mountain which is served by 17 open lifts.
Utah also fared well over the weekend, with up to 10cm falling at all of our featured resorts. The best conditions are to be found at present at the linked resorts of Alta (56cm) and Snowbird (56cm), where seven lifts are turning across the area. Monday’s snow is set to clear through to leave a stunningly sunny week – perfect for enjoying the new snow.
The excellent start to the season in California continued over the weekend, with sunny skies providing excellent overhead conditions in which to enjoy the fresh snow that fell at the end of last week. Mammoth (61/122cm) has the deepest base depth in the country and with 15 lifts spinning, the variety of skiing on offer was great for the time of year on Monday. Another snowstorm is set to sweep in on Thursday, dropping a further 30cm of fresh snow on our resorts which should lead to even more lift openings in the coming days.
Sadly the same cannot be said for the east coast, with most of our featured resorts relying entirely on artificial snow following less than 10cm of natural snowfall this season so far. Despite the lack of the white stuff, all of our featured resorts (apart from Attitash) were offering skiing on Monday. Killington (31cm) was running the most lifts, with six lifts turning to access 21 trails as well as the Reason Terrain Park which was home to eight features on Monday. Sadly a sustained period of cold weather is not looking likely in the weather outlook, but two cold days on Thursday and Friday could result in some natural snowfall and at least suitable snowmaking temperatures.
Skied Mammoth 25 March 2006. Fantastic skiing on a massive mountain, snowed for four days out of six dumped four feet one day. Be prepared for lots of wind although they close the top of the mountain to wind and avalanche blasting. There is still loads to ski. Cheap place to eat and drink lakanaki hawian bar at the village happy hour 3.30-6.00 - 6 buds and food 16 dollars awesome. If you want to know more go to the offical Mammoth web site click on forums and you can find every thing you want.
- Think you have skied it all? Well, Utah will surprise you.
- With 14 world-class resorts, of which 10 are less than an hours drive from Salt Lake City International Airport, all covered in over 500 inches (13 meters) of The Greatest Snow on EarthÂ®, Utah will...
tour operators in Mammoth
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- Largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 100 catered chalets, plus self-catering...
- Ski Solutions
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Solutions is Britain's original and largest specialist ski travel agency and tailor-made...
- Ski Independence
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Independence is the UK's leading tailor-made ski specialist offering the best hotels,...
member discounts in Mammoth
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...