membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
26 Apr 2017 13:17
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||19 Apr 2017|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||91cm|
|Upper piste depth||220cm|
|Lower piste depth||0cm|
|Off piste snow||Spring snow|
|Lifts open||17 out of 26|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Wed night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max 0°C on Wed afternoon, min -6°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Wednesday 26 April 2017
Cloudy today, rain/snow possible
|Wednesday 26 April 2017|
36cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Thursday 27 April 2017|
32cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
|Friday 28 April 2017|
16cm snow expected
-5°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
As the winter season nears its end, only 10/56 of our featured Austrian resorts were open for skiing on Monday 24th April.
The open resorts are mainly centred on the Obergurgl region, where good skiing is available at the likes of Pitzal (146/193cm) and Kaunertal (127/194cm). Whilst at Zillertal, conditions also remain good up on the glacier at Hintertux (70/235cm), where they will shortly transition into their summer ski season on the 1st July.
The weather for the coming week is a mixture of rain, and snow at higher altitudes. But with many resorts now finished for the season, it seems like there will be limited lift access to any powder.
I have just returned from Neustift, we went with Esprit 8 adults and 10 children from 2 years to 8 years of age. It's a very pretty village with good shops and places to eat. The journey every day to the glacier was the best part of an hour, which for the children especially was a real chore. Shlick (Fulmpes) was about 20 minutes and had a few red runs but a great blue run, just over half way down there is a sign on the right hand side (after the 4 person chair lift) if you wait here a caterpiller arrives and throws out a line which pulls you along to a fantastic restaurant, st bernards as well. Innsbruk is only 20 minutes by cab and offers nice restaurants and shops. We were not informed but I think on 3 nights there is a floodlit tobaggan run that finishes just behind the church, it looked really good fun. Talking of the church the bells go off every night as late as midnight, and again early in the morning so no need to take the alarm clock, but a great need to take the old earplugs.
tour operators in Neustift/Stubai
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- £50 discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...
member discounts in Neustift/Stubai
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...