membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
30 Mar 2017 13:23
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||24 Mar 2017|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||12cm|
|Upper piste depth||150cm|
|Lower piste depth||30cm|
|Off piste snow||Best up high|
|Lifts open||28 out of 30|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A light covering of new snow, mostly falling on Sat night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 2°C on Thu night, min -3°C on Sat night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 30 March 2017
Another glorious day
|Friday 31 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
1°C max temp
|Saturday 01 April 2017|
7cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Sunday 02 April 2017|
1cm snow expected
0°C max temp
Snow overview for Italy
Thursday 30th march saw largely sunny, spring conditions right around the Italian ski fields. On piste snow is behaving exactly how we would expect for this time of year with firm icy conditions in the morning, turning slushy and soft as the day progresses. The best conditions are still to be found in Cervinia (30/210cm) chiefly due to huge altitude range offered by the ski area. Elsewhere the skiing is still surprisingly good on piste. Off-piste options remain limited however.
In the forecast, a varied mix of rain and snow is expected this weekend. Cloud cover will be abundant with snow falling mostly around The Matterhorn, in the Monterosa ski area and to a lesser extent in the Aosta Valley resorts. The rain snow limit will move between 2200 metres up to 2700 metres.
Well Scrooge was infamous for the "Bah Humbug" & that'll be my Scrooge or Victor Meldrew moment regarding Passo.
Have I really missed something looking at previous reviews?
Subjectively "I had a great holiday" but let me objective here?
It's now 2016 & gondola access upgrades have been made to the Presena Glacier & over to Ponte di Legno.
However the ski area is not that extensive & in 2 days it can be skied!?
The main Passo area is pretty unexciting imho despite AC/DC booming out.
The away day to Madonna di Campiglio using the Passo area pass is a MUST.
You may consider the local bus to Marilleva 900 to access the Madonna ski area rather than the €25 Tour Operator trip to Madonna itself???
Most previous reviewers were either damned good skiers or certainly think so?There's a big difference. I'm better than OK but Jan 2016 & the snow conditions were far from ideal.
Lots of ice across Ponte & one lethal section on the Paradiso black run down from Presena. All run grades up a notch!
I was struggling for an edge on scoured out areas & won't just blame less than fabulously serviced rental skis.
As I said & we all now know early 2016 was a bad year for snow in most Italian resorts.
The best skiing was on the groomed runs in the morning. Hard, fast & crusty.
By afternoon & hours of sunshine pistes were often seriously cut up; thick, slow sugar mounds & near moguls.
The resort did not seem keen to make snow overnight for some reason & the snow line was rising daily & bare patches sprouting hourly; so much so the the popular long red "Alpino" run was closed.
There are plus points... Plenty of on piste eateries, reasonably cheap too. The views up by the Presena Glacier are stunning. Lift queues almost non existent except at the weekend when the Italians arrive & the place is heaving!
We stayed out of town at La Mirandola. The food was fabulous if slow, a great spa area. The dining room pianist "Elisa Montaldo" absolutely brilliant!! Check her out.....
Ski Club Freshtracks holidays to Passo Tonale
- Italian Off Piste Instruction 1
- Off piste zone: 7 nights, 04 Feb 2017
- Passo Tonale is tucked up in the Trentino region of Italy on the border with Lombardy. The resort is...
- Italian Off Piste Instruction 2
- Off piste zone: 7 nights, 04 Mar 2017
- ***Places still available on a request basis - please call 020 8410 2022 if you are interested in...
tour operators in Passo Tonale
- Neilson Holidays
- 12% discount for Ski Club members
- Up to 12% discount for Ski club members on all Neilson holidays!Ski holiday savings for 2016/17...
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Igluski.com is an award-winning ski travel agency, working with over 70 tour operators to offer ski...
- Crystal Ski Holidays
- £50 discount for Ski Club members
- For us, the mountain is everything. We love it as much as you do. Since 1981, we’ve been finding the...
member discounts in Passo Tonale
- 60% discount for Ski Club members
- N.B. Online bookings will vary depending on resort and seasonal time. However Ski Club members will...