membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
17 Apr 2014 13:30
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||24 Mar 2014|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||35cm|
|Upper piste depth||126cm|
|Lower piste depth||32cm|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||5 out of 7|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Fri night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max 0°C on Mon morning, min -6°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 17 April 2014
Clear skies providing great views
|Friday 18 April 2014|
18cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
|Saturday 19 April 2014|
5cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
|Sunday 20 April 2014|
2cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
Snow overview for Switzerland
It has been a mixed week for Swiss resorts, depending on which side of the country you are looking at. For example, eastern resorts such as Davos (0/141cm) and St Moritz (20/140cm) received around 10cm earlier this week but since then the sun has re-emerged. In the west it’s been a predominantly sunny week.
Verbier (10/147cm) has good spring snow on its mountains, but unlike the resorts in the east there hasn’t been any fresh snow for a while. This could change this weekend though as more unsettled weather is expected to move in. Freezing levels will remain around 2,400m so fresh snow will be confined to the upper slopes, but it should improve conditions nonetheless.
tour operators in Pontresina
- The Swiss Ski Company
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- We are an independent Swiss specialist featuring the top ski resorts in Switzerland. Our...