membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
25 Apr 2017 13:05
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||19 Apr 2017|
|Last 7 days||10cm|
|Next 9 days||117cm|
|Upper piste depth||120cm|
|Lower piste depth||10cm|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||39 out of 45|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Light rain (total 4.0mm) on Tue afternoon. Becoming colder with heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Fri morning. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 3°C on Tue afternoon, min -7°C on Fri morning). Wind will be generally light.|
|Tuesday 25 April 2017
Changeable weather today
|Tuesday 25 April 2017|
5cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Wednesday 26 April 2017|
25cm snow expected
1°C max temp
|Thursday 27 April 2017|
35cm snow expected
-3°C max temp
Snow overview for Switzerland
Changeable weather today for our featured resorts in Switzerland. Monday 24th April started off a typical sunny spring day, however heavy cloud and snowfall is forecast to start late in the day. This morning on snow conditions were much as they have been recently, firm in the morning but transforming nicely by midday. The skiing remains great at altitude and things are expected to improve as heavy snow is forecast this week. Zermatt (0/155cm) could see well over one and half metres on snow by Thursday. Engelberg (10/260cm) is also in line for just over one metre of fresh by weeks end. Powder conditions should last into the weekend, and the touring will be excellent well into next week thanks to these late season storms.
For those travelling to the Swiss Alps this week, expect cloudy snowy conditions and colder than normal temps. Layer well for changing temps and be aware of the rapidly developing avalanche problem.
Following up on a quick visit in February we took the whole family back for Easter. We stayed in Samnaun Dorf at the refurbished 4 *Hotel Garni Muttler owned by the loveable, English-speaking owner, Jose da Silva. He's from Porto originally and so are his friendly staff. It's a B&B ‘aparthotel’ with big rooms, plasma screens and a basement wellness spa. Jose runs a complimentary ski bus to Plan at your behest.
There's ample back-bowl skiing up on Alp Trida, loads of great accessible blacks further over on the Ischgl side and ski touring over towards Serfaus in Tirol. We would recommend Zegg for ski hire as they are really professional with good quality hire gear.
The Alprausch hut down in Laret is wild with a lively ski bus back up to the main village at the end of the day! Des Alpes offers modern food, done well. The restaurant Alpina, opposite the hotel’s front door, is good value with traditional Swiss fare. It is where all the workers/locals eat. Pre-order your fondues and get an appetite for serious quantities of meat! The Gemuetlich Schmuggler Alm does excellent evening meals with a Tirolean music night on one of the midweek days.
Samnaun is basically pretty quiet and perfect for groups/couples wanting to hole up high in a winter paradise away from the hustle and bustle of the big resorts.