membership pays for itself
Ambassadors in 28
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
27 Nov 2014 12:36
|Resort open for weekend skiing|
|Last snowed||20 Nov 2014|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||15cm|
|Upper piste depth||45cm|
|Lower piste depth||45cm|
|Off piste snow||Limited|
|Lifts open||0 out of 8|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A light covering of new snow, mostly falling on Wed night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -4°C on Wed night, min -11°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 27 November 2014
Cloudy and snowy today
|Thursday 27 November 2014|
0cm snow expected
-5°C max temp
|Friday 28 November 2014|
1cm snow expected
-8°C max temp
|Saturday 29 November 2014|
0cm snow expected
-5°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
The excellent start to the US ski season continues, with new snow and cold temperatures providing great conditions across the country.
The pick of the conditions were in Utah where the linked resorts of Alta (99cm) and Snowbird (102cm) have both seen over 80cm of snowfall this week. Both resorts have significantly expanded their terrain throughout the week, providing excellent Thanksgiving skiing.
The snow continued in Colorado until Thursday morning, with Copper Mountain (107cm) seeing 41cm of new snow on Wednesday night. It already has 9/21 lifts open and plans to open more terrain over the weekend. Excellent early-season powder skiing has also been reported at Breckenridge (102cm) and Vail (74cm), both of which reported over 30cm of fresh snow on Thursday.
Jackson Hole (114cm) is currently bearing the brunt of the storm and saw 53cm of fresh snow overnight into Thursday. Conditions for today’s opening day were epic.
Unfortunately the mild, sunny weather has continued in California, although a winter storm is currently forecast to hit on Sunday night and into Monday bringing much welcome snowfall.
Across on the east coast the mild conditions of Monday/Tuesday gave way to much colder and snowy weather on Thursday 27th November. Sunday River (31cm) saw 10cm of fresh snow overnight into Thursday and with more expected today conditions should improve massively.
Almost all of our American resorts should be open by this weekend, including Beaver Creek, Canyons and Steamboat who will turn their lifts for the first time in the coming days.