membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
24 Feb 2017 13:18
|Good skiing on well groomed pistes|
|Last snowed||17 Feb 2017|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||19cm|
|Upper piste depth||182cm|
|Lower piste depth||91cm|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||11 out of 13|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of snow turning to light rain (total 7.0mm) on Wed morning. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 10°C on Wed morning, min -8°C on Sun afternoon). Winds increasing (light winds from the WSW on Mon night, near gales from the SW by Wed morning).|
|Friday 24 February 2017
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
|Monday 27 February 2017|
0cm snow expected
-1°C max temp
|Tuesday 28 February 2017|
2cm snow expected
1°C max temp
|Wednesday 01 March 2017|
6cm snow expected
11°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Thursday 23rd February was yet another powder day for the western states of America. Resorts in Colorado, Utah and California all reported staggering snow fall totals today. Powder conditions are in abundance, and there is more snow on the way. The only place conditions are not powder are on the east coast where spring conditions are offering soft forgiving snow all the same.
Temperatures in the west are very cold, producing light fluffy snow. Once again, it is very safe the say America has the best skiing int he world at present.
Just returned from 8 great days in Stowe. Stayed at Golden Eagle resort - ski club discount of 10% available. Rooms clean, well looked after and quiet. Took the B&B package and the breakfasts were excellent.
Stowe is a typical, pretty New England village and the locals are friendly and polite. With a free shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the village to the ski area, stopping at all resorts and hotels in between.
Restaurants were mixed - Good experiences at Partridges, Charlie B's, Harrisons, The Shed and Olives (expensive).
There are a couple of late night bars and a nightclub but I go away to ski as much as I can - preferably without a hangover!
Skiing was great. Fresh snow every night (and most days). One morning had 24" of fresh snow. Excellent blues and blacks. Didn't venture onto the Double blacks but still lots to do for a hectic week. Brilliant blues on Spruce and Mansfield.Busy on Friday and Saturday but all other days very quiet. Even on busy days, worst lift line was about 5 minutes - and that was only on the Fourrunner Quad.
If you order lift passes at least 7 days ahead, you get a 15% discount, and in addition, you also get a free ski school lesson every day. Fantastic value.
The Vermont T Shirt Company in Waterbury is worth a visit. They have hundreds of designs and print your T while you wait - at silly prices $10-$12.
Highly recommended for families and everyone up to good intermediates. Experts might get bored.
tour operators in Stowe
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- The largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 140 catered chalets in superb...
- Ski Independence
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Independence is one of the UK's leading tailor-made ski specialists offering the best hotels...