membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
28 Mar 2017 13:21
|Typical spring snow, firm in the morning, slushy in the afternoon|
|Last snowed||25 Mar 2017|
|Last 7 days||34cm|
|Next 9 days||17cm|
|Upper piste depth||178cm|
|Lower piste depth||102cm|
|Upper pistes||Spring snow|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||9 out of 13|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Moderate rain (total 10.0mm) heaviest on Tue afternoon, then becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Wed night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 6°C on Tue morning, min -5°C on Wed night). Winds decreasing (fresh winds from the NW on Wed afternoon, calm by Thu night).|
|Tuesday 28 March 2017
Cloudy today, rain/snow possible
|Tuesday 28 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
6°C max temp
|Wednesday 29 March 2017|
3cm snow expected
-4°C max temp
|Thursday 30 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
-2°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Monday 27th March was a day of mostly mixed precipitation across America. Spring conditions are bringing spring storms to our featured resorts. On piste conditions still remain good however with soft forgiving and slushy snow to be found in abundance. Off-piste is becoming increasingly limited.
In the forecast cloudy stormy conditions a set to remain this week, some excellent snowfalls are expected in Colorado in the next 72 hours.
Just returned from 8 great days in Stowe. Stayed at Golden Eagle resort - ski club discount of 10% available. Rooms clean, well looked after and quiet. Took the B&B package and the breakfasts were excellent.
Stowe is a typical, pretty New England village and the locals are friendly and polite. With a free shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the village to the ski area, stopping at all resorts and hotels in between.
Restaurants were mixed - Good experiences at Partridges, Charlie B's, Harrisons, The Shed and Olives (expensive).
There are a couple of late night bars and a nightclub but I go away to ski as much as I can - preferably without a hangover!
Skiing was great. Fresh snow every night (and most days). One morning had 24" of fresh snow. Excellent blues and blacks. Didn't venture onto the Double blacks but still lots to do for a hectic week. Brilliant blues on Spruce and Mansfield.Busy on Friday and Saturday but all other days very quiet. Even on busy days, worst lift line was about 5 minutes - and that was only on the Fourrunner Quad.
If you order lift passes at least 7 days ahead, you get a 15% discount, and in addition, you also get a free ski school lesson every day. Fantastic value.
The Vermont T Shirt Company in Waterbury is worth a visit. They have hundreds of designs and print your T while you wait - at silly prices $10-$12.
Highly recommended for families and everyone up to good intermediates. Experts might get bored.
tour operators in Stowe
- 10% discount for Ski Club members
- The largest independent ski operator in the UK. Featuring over 140 catered chalets in superb...
- Ski Independence
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Independence is one of the UK's leading tailor-made ski specialists offering the best hotels...