membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
24 Feb 2017 13:18
|Spring conditions across the resort|
|Last snowed||17 Feb 2017|
|Last 7 days||0cm|
|Next 9 days||4cm|
|Upper piste depth||122cm|
|Lower piste depth||122cm|
|Upper pistes||Spring snow|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Packed|
|Lifts open||14 out of 15|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|A dusting of snow turning to light rain (total 9.0mm) on Wed morning. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 9°C on Wed morning, min -8°C on Sun afternoon). Winds increasing (light winds from the SSW on Tue morning, strong winds from the WSW by Wed morning).|
|Friday 24 February 2017
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
|Monday 27 February 2017|
0cm snow expected
0°C max temp
|Tuesday 28 February 2017|
2cm snow expected
1°C max temp
|Wednesday 01 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
9°C max temp
Snow overview for USA
Thursday 23rd February was yet another powder day for the western states of America. Resorts in Colorado, Utah and California all reported staggering snow fall totals today. Powder conditions are in abundance, and there is more snow on the way. The only place conditions are not powder are on the east coast where spring conditions are offering soft forgiving snow all the same.
Temperatures in the west are very cold, producing light fluffy snow. Once again, it is very safe the say America has the best skiing int he world at present.
This is the only place I have ever returned to for a holiday. We have been there 3 times so far and will probably return there within the next couple of years. Myself and my 2 children had never skied before our first visit although my husband was a very competent skier. The ski school was superb- I have a very high fear factor but they managed to get me skiing blues in my first year. The instructors are very friendly, encouraging and consistent. The terrain is varied enough for all abilities and queues for lifts are negligible. The night life was plenty for us, especially good is the Foggy Goggle when they have live music and The Matterhorn. I would recommend Sunday River for families and anyone who is either just learning to ski or needs good tuition. This year we are going to Winter Park- we hope it will be as enjoyable.
tour operators in Sunday River
- Ski Independence
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Ski Independence is one of the UK's leading tailor-made ski specialists offering the best hotels...