membership pays for itself
in 29 resorts worldwide
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
24 Mar 2017 13:22
|Last snowed||24 Mar 2017|
|Last 7 days||72cm|
|Next 9 days||0cm|
|Upper piste depth||185cm|
|Lower piste depth||100cm|
|Off piste snow||Powder|
|Lifts open||7 out of 11|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Moderate rain (total 13.0mm), heaviest on Sat afternoon. Mild temperatures (max 8°C on Tue morning, min 3°C on Sat afternoon). Wind will be generally light.|
|Friday 24 March 2017
|Saturday 25 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
4°C max temp
|Sunday 26 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
7°C max temp
|Monday 27 March 2017|
0cm snow expected
6°C max temp
Snow overview for Norway
It was a great day for skiing on packed, well groomed, and occasionaly fresh runs in Scandinavia on Thursday 23rd of March.
Conditions remain generally excellent in Norway and Sweden at the moment. There were some very changeable weather conditions in Geilo (70cm), with a mixture of sun, cloud and even a bit of snow in the forecast. The slopes in Hemsedal were still pretty fresh thanks to the recent snow. They were packed, grippy and fast. A stark contrast to many Alpine resorts where spring conditions are dominating. There were similar conditions in Trysil (91cm) where recent snow has made for some excellent conditions.
Over in Sweden there was new snow in Are (85cm), where 2 cm fell this morning – excellent conditions there. Salen (98cm) also has excellent conditions with slopes being fresh and enjoyable.
Voss is a great place to go if you're on a family holiday. The accommodation is really well geared up for families and you have everything you need under one roof - even a washing machine! Many of the cabins are owned by Norwegian families so they all have a very homely feel to them.
Another reason to head there as a family is the price of alcohol. As is the case all over Norway, the taxes on booze make for an incredibly expensive holiday if you were going out drinking every night. I found a six pack of beer in the Coop for around £7 per can!
The skiing in Voss is great for families too, with designated runs, nursery areas and plenty to entertain children.
Norway itself is well worth a visit - the fjords are spectacular, with a more jaw-dropping view around each corner - see video!
tour operators in Voss
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- Norway is one of only a few skiing destinations that can boast guaranteed snow conditions, no lift...