membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
17 Apr 2014 13:30
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||15 Apr 2014|
|Last 7 days||5cm|
|Next 9 days||28cm|
|Upper piste depth||45cm|
|Lower piste depth||15cm|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Lifts open||82 out of 94|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Moderate rain (total 15.0mm) heaviest on Mon afternoon, then becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Mon night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 5°C on Tue afternoon, min 0°C on Sun morning). Wind will be generally light.|
|Thursday 17 April 2014
Another glorious day
|Sunday 20 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Monday 21 April 2014|
1cm snow expected
3°C max temp
|Tuesday 22 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
5°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
Thursday 17th April was a predominantly sunny day across the open Austrian resorts, bringing a change to the weather. Earlier this week fresh snowfall blessed many Austrian resorts and improving the on and off piste snow cover.
The heaviest snowfall has been reported on the higher ski areas, such as on the Stubai Glacier at Neustift (20/365cm), Obergurgl (35/128cm), Kaprun (120/280cm) and Kuhtai (60/90cm).
The skiing at Zauchensee (55/110cm) was excellent on Thursday with fresh snow across much of the off-piste terrain and piste conditions that were more akin to mid-winter than spring.
Cloudy weather is forecast to return to the Austrian resorts over the weekend and throughout next week. The freezing level is also expected to sit at or above 2,500m which means that many slopes could see rain.
Zuers is not so expensive during the low season. The difference between low and high is much more here than in Switzerland. Comparing the total cost between Zermatt and Zuers it will be about the same.
The big advantage of Zuers is its ski school. In Zermatt, for serious off piste skiing, you need to organise a guide for appr. 600 franks a day. In Zuers you just go to the ski school and get a guide for the whole week and, with proper snow, don´t see a piste.
tour operators in Zurs
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 79 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 87 resorts in 8 countries, Inghams offer...