membership pays for itself
ski with us in resort?
email snow reports
Snow report glossary
- Last snowed
- The date of the last snowfall.
- Fresh snow
- The depth of the last snowfall.
- Last 7 days
- The total snowfall reported over the last 7 days.
- Next 9 days
- The total amount of fresh snow predicted at mid-mountain level from our detailed 9 day forecast.
- Upper piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the upper prepared slopes.
- Lower piste depth
- An indication of the snow depth on the lower prepared slopes.
- Piste quality
- An indication of the general piste conditions on the open pistes.
- Resort runs
- An indication of the conditions on the lower, open runs back into the resort base.
- Off piste snow
- An indication of the general off piste conditions.
- Lifts open
- An indication of the number of lifts that are open out of the total number of lifts possible in this resort/ski area.
23 Apr 2014 13:30
|The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
|Last snowed||18 Apr 2014|
|Last 7 days||15cm|
|Next 9 days||34cm|
|Upper piste depth||35cm|
|Lower piste depth||15cm|
|Piste quality||Spring snow|
|Resort runs||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Spring snow|
|Lifts open||79 out of 94|
Weather forecast glossary
- The predicted weather for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
- Snow expected
- The predicted amount of snow.
- Maximum temperature
- The predicted maximum temperature for the afternoon period at mid-mountain level.
Snow & weather forecast
|Heavy rain (total 24.0mm), heaviest during Fri night. Mild temperatures (max 7°C on Fri afternoon, min 3°C on Wed night). Wind will be generally light.|
|Wednesday 23 April 2014
Predominantly sunny with cloudy spells
|Wednesday 23 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
5°C max temp
|Thursday 24 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
6°C max temp
|Friday 25 April 2014|
0cm snow expected
7°C max temp
Snow overview for Austria
The majority of resorts in Austria have now closed for the season following the relatively busy Easter period. Some fresh snow has fallen over the last week though, which is great news for the resorts that are still open.
15cm of fresh snow has been reported in the Arlberg area, which includes Lech (15/40cm), Zurs (15/40cm) and St Anton (15/115cm). This is the last week of the winter ski season for this area.
You can still enjoy skiing at the higher ski areas in Austria too, including the likes of Obergurgl (33/149cm), Kaprun (120/260cm), Hintertux (30/400cm), Neustift (100/365cm), Kuhtai (60/90cm), Kaunertal (305/343cm), Pitztal (239/322cm) and Solden (0/314cm). Fugen (0/70cm), Galtur (20/85cm), Ischgl (0/80cm) and Kiztbuhel (0/66cm) may not have the depths of some of the glacier skiing areas but you can still enjoy good spring skiing at these resorts too.
Cloudy weather is expected to dominate this week and with the freezing level rising up to 3,000m most slopes will could receive rain.
Zuers is not so expensive during the low season. The difference between low and high is much more here than in Switzerland. Comparing the total cost between Zermatt and Zuers it will be about the same.
The big advantage of Zuers is its ski school. In Zermatt, for serious off piste skiing, you need to organise a guide for appr. 600 franks a day. In Zuers you just go to the ski school and get a guide for the whole week and, with proper snow, don´t see a piste.
tour operators in Zurs
- 5% discount for Ski Club members
- With over 79 years experience in ski, offering holidays in 87 resorts in 8 countries, Inghams offer...