There is a Assistant Accountant role vacancy at The Ski Club of Great Britain based in Wimbledon.
£26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
For all companies within the Ski Club of Great Britain group:
- Ensure all invoices are approved (with supporting purchase order as appropriate)
- Code and register overheads and cost of sales invoices into the Purchase ledger.
- Set up all purchase ledger monthly and weekly payments, GBP bacs run and foreign currencies onto the different platform.
- Ensure company credit card statements are submitted by card holders on a monthly basis with supporting receipts and post on to Sage.
- Check and post staff expenses, including leaders, ensuring correct record of VAT using Webexpenses platform
- Reconcile supplier accounts and maintain clean Aged Creditors
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers for all finance related queries
Bank and cash:
- Keep accurate and complete records of all Ski Club group bank transactions (debits and credits).
- Preparing the bank reconciliation on a weekly basis, for GBP and foreign currencies account.
- Reconcile receipts to supporting information such as ILG bookings or holiday bookings and enter appropriately in Sage
- Reconcile Summit End of Day reports to bank receipts, liaising with Freshtracks/Mountain Tracks to resolve any discrepancies.
- Taking ownership of petty cash float, ensuring signed vouchers and receipts retained and posted to Sage. Reconciling balance on monthly basis.
- Maintain files to ensure a full audit trail of all payments made (purchase ledger payments and others).
- Monitor the level of currencies available and inform of any shortage
- Submit the lodge and claim files to collect monthly and weekly membership subscriptions.
- Reconciliation of membership income and holidays income with bank statement.
Treasury management and investment portfolio
- Ensure all accounts are in credit by daily review and inter-account transfers as necessary
- Support updating of cashflow forecasts and compare to actuals
- Ensure the register of cards on file are kept up to date and extract a monthly statement for each card, liaise with ops team for coding and post to Sage
- Ensure prepaid currency debt cards for staff have adequate balances on. Liaise with holiday and leaders team to do this.
- Raise sales invoices on Sage and send to customers
- Generate and send out monthly statements to all customers with an outstanding balance. Chase overdue invoices by phone and email. Inform the relevant manager of bad debts. Liaise with debt collection agency as necessary.
- Review Aged Debtors on monthly basis with Management Accountant
- Take responsibility for completing and maintaining the document of financial procedures and make recommendations to improve processes and work with rest of the finance team to make agreed changes.
- Supporting the management accountant in month end duties.
- Calculate the monthly TVA liability arising on ILG revenue and submit amount to French accountant and make payment to French authorities
- Assisting with Audit process and support Management accountant.
- Filing and maintain all files in orderly manner
Desired qualifications and experience
- Education to degree level or AAT level 4
- 3+ years’ experience in an assistant accounting role including purchase ledger, bank reconciliation, and foreign currencies.
- 1+ year experience of Sage 50
- Sound technical accounting ability including understanding of financial statements, debits and credits.
- Organised, Attention to details, flexible in approach to work
- Interested in snow sports
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays*
- Perk Box (Vouchers, discounted gym membership, free coffee and cinema tickets)**
- Private medical*
- Flexible summer working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
*Full year entitlement
** Available after 1 year of service
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your C.V. and covering letter stating how your experience meets the requirements of the role. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org