Temporary, Full time October 2018 - March 2019
The Ski Club of Great Britain is the UK’s largest snowsports membership organisation. We are seeking an Operations Assistant to support the Holidays and Member Services team.
Joining a busy team, this interesting varied role encompasses a varied range of tasks essential to the successful running of the holiday and membership programme. These include: managing bookings and special requests; liaising and sending updates to hoteliers, airlines, mountain guides and other suppliers. Coupled with day to day support of processing and servicing members and answering questions on a variety of membership products.
As a strong communicator of graduate caliber, you should be motivated and enjoy administration, scrupulous attention to detail is vital, as is computer literacy. You should also to be an enthusiastic skier/snowboarder (ideally ex-seasonnaire).
Please forward your C.V. and covering letter, along with the job title for the application to Guy Cobbold– firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Answering calls from Ski Club members and suppliers
• Provide services to prospective members to highlight the benefits of membership and Ski Club travel insurance, to increase acquisition.
• Ensure member and prospective member calls and emails are dealt with in a friendly yet professional manner to provide a one-stop-shop that can handle the majority of calls regarding membership, information, Ski Club products and services including Ski Club Travel insurance and Holiday related products.
• Explain the benefits of Ski Club Platinum membership, including advising on the insurance cover, medical screening and upgrade options, ensuring we meet compliance and operate within our approved recommender status.
• Processing membership joins and renewals on the phone
• Processing customers’ bookings
• Making regional flight bookings on request
• Adhering to contracts deadlines – confirming flights and hotels and sending updates to hoteliers, airlines and other suppliers
• Monitoring holiday feedback
• Sending brochure mailings
• Occasional Saturday and evenings work required throughout the season at events or with emergency contact phone
• Transfers - Organising and confirming transfers
Skills and Expertise
• Enthusiastic skier/snowboarder
• Self motivated team player
• Computer literate - Word processing, spreadsheet and database packages
• Good written and oral communication skills (including letter layout)
• Strong administration skills
• Proven attention to detail
• Good telephone manner
• Proven sales and customer service record
• Ability to work under pressure
• Used to working to deadlines
• Experience in / knowledge of the ski/travel industry
• Previous office experience
• Worked a ski season
• Fluency in French/German/Italian - Spoken and written