There is a new job role available to apply for at the Ski Club of Great Britain.
Reports to Financial Controller
Salary band £37,000 to £45,000 based on experience.
A fantastic opportunity to take a leading role as an IT Manager has arisen, within a highly regarded organisation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and lead the execution of the Club’s IT strategy whilst working closely with Senior Management Team to steer the business towards its strategic goals.
To be suitable for this position it is absolutely essential that you have held an IT Manager or similar position before.
Web and IT development
Full responsibility for the development and maintenance of the Ski Club’s websites, databases, infrastructure and other online tools to support the objectives of the Club’s strategic plan. This will require taking ownership of: -
- IT’s support of the strategic plan, including development of road maps, business cases and proposals.
- Identifying requirements and other specifications
- Tendering and procurement
- Project management – resourcing in-house and 3rd party developers, time tabling, setting up appropriate reporting and ensuring delivery of reports, monitoring progress particularly of 3rd party developers, budgeting, overseeing testing and implementation and communications to staff, the membership and wider stakeholders.
IT infrastructure development
- Ensure the Ski Club’s IT Platform is maintained to facilitate the regular operation of membership and commercial services.
- Lead formulation of an IT road map for the Club to meet its current and future commercial requirements.
- Lead preparation of business cases for change and manage relevant budgets.
- Provide costed maintenance, asset replacement and licencing plans as part of the wider budgeting process.
- Deliver or co-ordinate training on internal IT services and functionality to ensure staff can effectively use services to deliver their own areas of responsibility.
Website and database management
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining and monitoring website monitoring services for all the Club’s websites and databases, resolving any downtime with relevant suppliers.
- Acting as a primary contact for web and database developers and support companies.
- Responsible for management and renewal of domain names and SSL certificates.
- Ensure appropriate SLA’s are in place for website and database maintenance.
- Report bugs, agree fixes, and ensure satisfactory delivery with agreed timeframes and budget.
Office IT infrastructure management
- Responsible for ensuring that the office IT infrastructure including telephony remains fully functional and adequately supports the business activities of the Club on a day to day basis.
- Fix problems with PC’s, laptops, printers, in-house servers, the office network, the company’s daas service and the phone system, alongside our third party providers of IT network, daas and telephony support.
- First point of contact with IT service providers and management of those relationships including assessing adherence to SLA’s (ensuring relevant SLA’s are in place), reviewing cost effectiveness of services provided and reporting and progressing any issues and complaints with the service providers.
- Manage staff user accounts.
- Ensure appropriate IT policies are in place and adhered to, including those relating to GDPR compliance.
- Maintain asset and licence register to ensure assets are secure, and assets and licences are effective for the needs of the business.
Any other IT related duties at a similar level of responsibility that the Club may require from time to time.
- Academic Qualification minimum Honours Bachelor’s Degree Level.
- Evidence of further relevant training or continuing professional development.
To apply please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role along with your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: CV’s alone will not be accepted without a cover letter.