The Ski Club of Great Britain has a new IT Support Officer role available to apply for.
Summary. This role is:-
· Reports to Financial Controller
· Salary band £25,000 per annum (negotiable based on experience)
The Ski Club is the largest and oldest Snowsports membership organisation in the UK, with over 28,000 members. Established in 1903, the Ski Club's purpose is to promote and protect safe, enjoyable and inspiring Snowsports experiences for anyone who loves snow.
A fantastic opportunity to take a leading role as an IT Support officer has arisen, within a highly regarded organisation.
Web and IT development
Responsibility for the maintenance and support of the Ski Club’s websites, databases, infrastructure and other online tools to support the organisation. This will require taking ownership of: -
· IT support duties, including maintenance and support of development road maps and plans.
· Delivery of requirements and other specifications
· Project management – resourcing in-house and 3rd party developers, time tabling, setting up appropriate reporting and ensuring delivery of reports, monitoring progress particularly of 3rd party developers, budgeting, overseeing testing and implementation and communications to staff and the membership.
IT infrastructure development
· Ensure the Ski Club’s IT Platform is maintained to facilitate the regular operation of membership and commercial services.
· Monitor delivery of the IT road map for the Club to meet its current and future commercial requirements.
· Ensure delivery of the Club’s costed maintenance, asset replacement and licencing plans.
· Deliver or co-ordinate training on internal IT services and functionality to ensure staff can effectively use services to deliver their own areas of responsibility.
Website and database management
· Responsible for maintaining website monitoring services for all the Club’s websites and databases, resolving any downtime with relevant suppliers.
· Acting as a primary contact for web and database developers and support companies.
· Responsible for management and renewal of domain names and SSL certificates.
· Ensure appropriate SLA’s are in place for website and database maintenance.
· Report bugs, agree fixes, and ensure satisfactory delivery with agreed timeframes and budget.
Office IT infrastructure management
· Responsible for ensuring that the office IT infrastructure including telephony remains fully functional and adequately supports the business activities of the Club on a day to day basis.
· Fix problems with PC’s, laptops, printers, in-house servers, the office network, the company’s daas service and the phone system, alongside our third party providers of IT network, daas and telephony support.
· First point of contact with IT service providers and management of those relationships including assessing adherence to SLA’s (ensuring relevant SLA’s are in place), reviewing cost effectiveness of services provided and reporting and progressing any issues and complaints with the service providers.
· Manage staff user accounts.
· Ensure appropriate IT policies are adhered to, including those relating to GDPR compliance.
· Maintain asset and licence register to ensure assets are secure, and assets and licences are effective for the needs of the business.
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience
- To be suitable for this position it is absolutely essential that you have held an IT Support Officer or similar position before.
Any other IT related duties at a similar level of responsibility that the Club may require from time to time.
To apply please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role along with your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: CV’s alone will not be accepted without a cover letter.
Closing Date: 5th March 2019