Latest: 25th March 2020
All Ski Club holidays, Rep services and Instructor-Led Guiding are now cancelled for the 2019-20 season.
The Ski Club Team is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and are following the latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice In light of recent events we are sadly no longer able to operate our holidays to any Freshtracks resorts for the rest of the season.
Please click on the links below for up-to-date travel advice from the FCO website, with country-specific Coronavirus information:
- UK – click here
- France – click here
- Italy – click here
- Switzerland – click here
- Austria – click here
- Spain – click here
- Norway – click here
- Slovakia – click here
- USA – click here
- Canada – click here
General advice can also be found on the Travel Health Pro website, the FCO-recommended source of how to prepare to for foreign travel and how to reduce the spread of the virus.
Ski Club Freshtracks will be in contact with all members that are booked on holidays within the affected regions.
Ian Holt & Yuki Dennis
- Will I be entitled to a full refund if the Ski Club has to cancel or make a significant change to my holiday due to the Coronavirus outbreak?
If we are forced to cancel your holiday, we will do our utmost to offer you an alternative. If we are not able to offer you an alternative or you do not want to take the alternative offered, then you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid if the holiday is taking place in an area that the FCO advise against all but essential travel to.
- Can I cancel my holiday even though you are still planning for it to go ahead?
We will only be able to provide you with a full refund if we have to cancel your holiday based on guidance from the FCO. If in the meantime you decide not to travel and choose to cancel your holiday, then our usual cancellation terms apply – please see our terms and conditions for full details.
- Will I be covered by my travel insurance if I decide to cancel?
This will depend on the terms of your policy. Depending on the reason for your cancellation (for example if you are concerned about a serious underlying medical condition), you should contact your travel insurance provider to check if you can make a claim.
- I haven’t yet paid the balance for my holiday. Can I pay later while I wait and see what happens?
We ask you to make the balance payment for your holiday at least 12 weeks before your holiday start date. You can do this safe in the knowledge that we will provide you with a full refund if we have to cancel your holiday should the FCO decide your destination to be a “do not travel” area.
- Where can I check for up-to-date travel and health information for my destination?
Members are advised to read the FCO travel advice for the country they are travelling to.
- Visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- The NHS website has useful information about how to take preventative measures against Coronavirus at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- What’s happening at the airports when I arrive or leave?
Airports have introduced various measures across destinations and airports. Please visit your arrival/departure airport website for the specific measures that have been introduced.
- What happens if travel advice changes while I am on holiday?
We will respond accordingly to any advice by the FCO and we will communicate any changes to you both before your departure and while you are on holiday.