ON SNOW EXPERIENCE
During this course, you’ll spend five full days skiing with Instructors. This course is aimed at Advanced (Purple) to Expert (Gold) on piste skiers. If you are unsure of your ski level, please see our Ski Profile Page.
REASONS TO DO THE COURSE
- Kick-start your winter with the ultimate skiing skills development course
- Learn to be an adaptable skier so you can ski with confidence no matter the terrain or conditions
- Develop your skiing skills and knowledge with former Olympic coach Amanda Pirie, one of the UK’s most qualified, experienced and inspiring ski instructors
- Personalised skills development and action plan
- Early season skiing can present excellent skiing conditions on quiet slopes
- Meet with like-minded people from our friendly Ski Club community
- Enjoy a personalised experience in small groups limited to 8 people
The course will cover the fundamental building blocks of skiing. You will learn new skills and develop existing skills. This skills-based approach means that you will be an adaptable skier taking on all parts of the mountain with confidence and style.
- 5 full days performance ski training
- Video analysis
- Personalised action plan
09:00 Meet the team
09:00 – 12:15 Performance ski training
12:15 – 13:15 Lunch break at a reasonably priced restaurant (you are also welcome to bring a packed lunch as there are many picnic rooms on the mountain)
13:15 – 16:00 Performance ski training
17:00 – 18:00 Video analysis (on two evenings)
Amanda is an inspirational ski teacher and coach who uses her enthusiastic, positive personality and extensive ski teaching experience to get the best from her students. As a former British senior ski team racer, her knowledge of ski technique is impeccable and her expert coaching resulted in huge success when she led the coaching team at Team GB's most successful Winter Paralympic Games in 2018. Amanda is a member of the BASI National Education Team and her BASI Trainer qualifications combined with her love of skiing make her an excellent coach both on and off the slopes.
Mark trains, assesses and examines ski instructors through all levels of instructor qualification, placing him at the cutting edge of global ski instruction. He is a BASI trainer and member of the British demonstration ski team, having represented the UK at the International Ski Instructors Congress where teaching methods are shared to raise the levels of ski instruction internationally. Mark competed in ski racing until the age of 17 and has worked as a ski teacher for the last 20 years all over Europe.