CONDITIONS OF SKIING/BOARDING WITH A SKI CLUB LEADER
Your participation in skiing/boarding led by a volunteer from the Ski Club is conditional upon your prior agreement to the following:
1. You appreciate that the Ski Club Leader is a volunteer with no formal qualifications as an instructor or mountain guide.
2. You also appreciate that the Ski Club Leader undertakes no obligations to you concerning your safety for which you remain solely responsible.
3. You must ensure that equipment is in good working order before setting off for the day and that you are suitably clothed for the proposed itinerary and all possible weather conditions. You must decide whether or not a particular run or route is within your competence.
4. You must ensure that you are properly equipped for that day. If you are skiing off piste you must have a shovel, probe and transceiver, and know how to use them in the event of an avalanche. If you are using a Ski Club transceiver, it is your sole responsibility to know how to use it.
5. This agreement is regulated by the law of England and Wales.
Your agreement to these conditions is confirmed by your signature.
It is important that you appreciate that, without this agreement, the Ski Club would not be able to continue to offer this leading service to full-time members and temporary members alike.
The purpose of this service, for which no charge is made, is to enhance your enjoyment of the resort.