This holiday has already departed.
Ski Club Members Only
Everyone loves a bit of friendly competition, don’t they?! This January, the Ski Club of Great Britain are entering two teams of four into the legendary White Ring (Weisse Ring) Race and we would like to invite you to join us!
We’ll arrange your transfers, five nights of half-board accommodation, lift pass and ski hire. All you need to do is pay £100 (yes, that is all!) and get to Innsbruck on the 14th January 2020 by 14:30! You’ll fly back on the 19th January 2020 having taken part in ‘White Ring – The Speed Race’ and the ‘The White Ring – The Race’.
Taking place every year, the world-famous racing week is split into two events. The first, the warm up, is on the 16th January. ‘The Speed Race’ is 2 kilometres long, with 707 metres of descent from the top of Trittkopf down to the village of Zürs via the rolling Balmen 134 piste. The fastest 100 racers are given the top 100 starting places for the main event on the Saturday,‘The Race’.
Having decided the first 100 racers, ‘The Race’ takes place on the 18th January; the course loops around the Omeshorn, crossing 22 kilometres of Lech and Zürs, going down (and up!) 5,500 vertical metres and via 5 lifts. Every 100 seconds, a group of 20 people dash from the Rüfikopf above Lech, making their way to Zug via the Schüttbodenlift, Trittalpbahn and Madloch pistes. The final lift brings racers up to the Balmengrat before the final descent to the finish line in Lech.
With over 1,000 participants taking place, the party doesn’t stop there with DJ’s and live music pulsating through Lech and Zürs all night.
For more information about the White Ring Race, head here.
To sign up to this trip and race for the Ski Club, head here to make payment of £100. Spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis, so be quick – we expect demand to be very strong!
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is only open to members of the Ski Club of Great Britain. If you are not a member of the Club, head here to membership options.
- Entry will run from 18th to the 31st December 2019.
- Entry will only be confirmed once the £100 payment has been received.
- Included: return transfers from Innsbruck, five nights half board accommodation (14th to 19th January), lift pass and ski hire are included. It is the member’s responsibility to arrive at Innsbruck airport on the 14th no later than 14:30
- Racers must purchase their own insurance that covers amateur ski racing.