Experienced skiers and snowboarders who will share their knowledge of the mountain and resort:
The Ski Club has hundreds of volunteer Representatives (Reps) active in 18 resorts worldwide. Whether you are an improving skier or love adventurous off-piste skiing, our Reps will facilitate groups so you can socialise and ski with people of similar ability and aspiration. Unlike other types of rep, a Ski Club Rep has no motive other than to ensure that Ski Club Members have the most enjoyable time possible, whilst promoting the principles of safe, responsible and enjoyable recreational skiing.
What can a Ski Club Rep do for you?
Our Ski Club Reps are the friendly, knowledgeable face of the Ski Club. They are our in-resort experts and are on hand to ensure you make the most of your time out in the mountains at 18 top resorts worldwide. They have four mains aims:
- Facilitating and organising social skiing for groups of Members
- Promoting safe and responsible recreational skiing
- Arranging a fun and varied weekly events plan, including lunch meetups and après drinks
- Ensuring Members are aware of the fantastic range of Ski Club benefits and discounts
They’ll be also be on hand to assist you with any resort-specific information you may need, so if you’re looking to book a mountain guide, take some lessons or want recommendations for the best activities in the area, your Rep is the first port of call.
Our Reps will also be regularly updating resort Facebook groups with news, photos and updates and will continue to provide our snow reporting team with detailed info on the very latest conditions.
Rep Resorts 2019-2020
Our Reps will be based this winter in the same 17 incredible resorts as the previous Leader Service, giving you the best variety of ski areas to choose from across the globe. Clicking on each resort will take you through to the detailed Rep schedule for each resort:
- Austria: Ischgl, Kitzbühel, Mayrhofen, Obergurgl, Zell am See
- Switzerland: Davos, Grindelwald, Klosters, Mürren, Saas Fee, Verbier, Wengen, Zermatt
- Italy: Cervinia, Sauze d’Oulx
- USA: Jackson Hole
- Canada: Whistler
The Ski Club Mountain Safety and Leadership Course 2019 - Tignes
We are very excited to confirm the details for this year’s Mountain Safety and Leadership Course. It will run from the 3rd – 13th December 2019 in Tignes and will once again contain high-level instruction, avalanche safety training and leadership skills development – all led by our expert team out in resort.
As in previous years the course is available for anyone of the Purple Ski Club ski standard and above. The course will cost £2,899 and includes:
- Set return transfers from Geneva to Tignes
- Half board accommodation at the Hotel Le Paquis***
- 9-day full area lift pass
- All course content
This course will be the minimum requirement for anyone to act as a Ski Club Rep as part of our new in resort Rep service and on our extensive range of Ski Club Holidays including Freshtracks, Peak Experience and New Horizons. Please note if you have already passed the previous Leader course you do not need to attend this course and you are already qualified to act as a Rep.
There are four elements to the course, each of which will be assessed at the end of the ten days to make sure you reach the required standard:
- Ski Performance (led by Andy Jerram)
- Leadership Skills (led by Dave Davenport)
- All Terrain Leadership (led by Bruce Goodlad)
- Avalanche Rescue Skills (led by Bruce Goodlad, Mike Austin, Graham McMahon and Kathy Murphy)
For a more detailed breakdown of the module components click here, and if you would like to book onto the course or have any further questions, please call Owen Chapman on 020 8410 2039.